Chapter 34: A Failed Confession

No Pov:

   "Alright, men, does everyone know what their duties are?" Ami asks, standing over Iwaizumi, Makki, and Matsukawa with a look of determination. 

   The four of them are currently hanging out at Ami's house, plotting a scheme that may or may not change their friend group forever. The boys are sitting on Ami's couch while Ami stands in front of them. 

   Makki and Matsukawa salute the girl as Iwaizumi sighs, finding the entire idea idiotic.  

   "I don't think it's a good idea to involve ourselves in their relationship. Why can't we just let them figure it out on their own?" Iwaizumi inquires, against the idea. 

   Everyone turns to the muscular boy with judging expressions. Iwaizumi raises his eyebrow at them, wondering why they're looking at him in such an odd way. 

   "Iwaizumi, think about what you just said," Matsukawa sighs. 

   Iwaizumi thinks for a moment before the realization hits him. His eyes grow wide as he facepalms. "Right, I forgot, they're denser than a pair of rocks," He growls, thinking about all the times Oikawa's flirted with you, and you didn't get the hint. And all the times you've gotten flustered because of Oikawa, and he still thinks you don't have feelings for him.   

   "Exactly, so as their friends, we must help them get together," Matsukawa states with a grin. He's only down for Ami's plan because it will be entertaining.  

   "So, are you going to help us, Hajime?" Ami asks, giving Iwaizumi puppy-dog eyes. 

   Iwaizumi stays silent for a few moments, trying to resist, but he gives in after a while. "Ok, fine, I'll help, but if this backfires, I warned you," Iwaizumi sighs, still hesitant. 

   Ami's eye's light up, jumping out of joy. "Yay, operation, get F/n-chan and Oikawa together after 33 chapters of insanity is a go!" The blonde yells, a bright smile resting on her lips. 

~~~~

   Your sitting at your desk, watching the teacher write a bunch crap that you don't understand on the board. Oh, how you love English. It's not like you ever wanted to go to an English-speaking country anyway, so there's really no point in you learning the language. 

   Soon, the final bell of the day rings, indicating that you're free from the hell that is known as school. 

   You pack up your stuff and head up to Oikawa's desk. You can feel the glares of his fangirls, but you're not in the mood to care. 

   "Hey," You greet, giving him a tired wave. 

   Oikawa finishes placing his stuff in his bag and stands in front of you with a smile. "Hey, Shorty-chan. You look stressed. Is everything ok?" Oikawa points out, worried about you. 

   You rub the back of your neck, looking away from the boy. "Yeah, but can you help me with English again tonight, if possible? I'm just not getting it," You sigh, frustrated with your English teacher for never helping you out. 

   Oikawa chuckles. "Wow, you know it's not that hard," He teases, making you glare at him. 

   "Right, and you know Biology isn't that hard either," You state, causing the boy to jump and laugh uncomfortably. 

   "Ok, you can come over," Oikawa says with a smile, ignoring your previous comment. 

   "Thanks, I owe you one," You respond with a warm smile, causing Oikawa to blush. 

   Oikawa goes to say something else, but he spots your blonde best friend sneaking up behind you. 

   "HI BESTIE!!" Ami yells, springing up and placing both hands on your back, pushing you into Oikawa.