Chapter 40: The End Is Nearing

⚠️MANGA SPOILERS⚠️

No POV:

   How do I tell her? 

   Will she be angry? Or worse, sad? 

   Will I hurt her? 

   She's been so happy lately. I don't want to ruin that. 

   But I have to tell her.

   "You feeling okay, Tooru? You've been kind of spacy all day," You state, putting down your chopsticks. 

   Oikawa came over to eat dinner with you and your father. The whole time he's been stressing about how to tell you his plans after high school. Third-years are leaving in two weeks, so his time's running short. 

   Oikawa smiles in your direction. "I'm great, Shorty-chan! Just tired is all," Oikawa exclaims, causing you to raise an eyebrow. 

   You can tell he's hiding something from you but decide to let it go. "Alright," You respond, sadness in your tone, continuing to eat. 

~~~~

   "You're going to have to tell her eventually. Just get it over with. The sooner you tell her, the better for all involved," Iwaizumi lectures, taking a seat next to his friend and handing him a cup of water. 

   Everyone, minus you, is at Iwaizumi's house and is basically lecturing Oikawa about being an idiot, so nothing out of the norm. 

   "Ugh, I know, I know, it's just, how am I suppose to tell her without hurting her?" Oikawa asks, pulling at his brown locks. 

   Ami sighs at his words. "Oikawa, you're going to hurt her no matter what, but it's better than not telling her at all," She states, patting the boy on the back. 

   "You're right," He agrees, releasing his grasp on his hair, though he's still hesitant. 

   Ami smiles at the boy, slapping him on the back. "That's the spirit! Then when you're gone, F/n-chan can be all mine again!" She exclaims, causing Iwazumi to sigh. 

   "Why don't you tell her tonight? Her dad's supposed to be out on a business trip, so it's perfect timing," Makki offers, entering the room, meat buns in his hands. 

   "Yeah," Oikawa agrees, looking at the floor, anxiety creeping into him. 

~~~~

   You yawn, turning off all the lights in your apartment and making sure to close the window, not wanting to wake up with Ami or your boyfriend sleeping next to you. 

   After you brush your teeth and get changed, you hop into bed, exhausted from studying all day.  You curl up to your mountain of pillows and blankets, slowly drifting off to sleep.  

   But just before you can fully fall asleep, an obnoxious knock can be heard from the door. 

   Your eyes shoot open, throwing the blankets off of you and jumping out of bed. You throw one of your pillows onto the ground, muttering, "Why the fuck do people always pick 11 at night to come over. Inconsiderate jack asses." 

   Stomping out of your room and into the hall, your swing the door open, revealing your lovely boyfriend. 

   "Wow, Shorty-chan, you look nice~," Oikawa flirts, looking you up and down. 

   You're wearing the hoodie that Oikawa gave you a while back, with spandex underneath. 

   You blush due to embarrassment, pulling the hoodie down in an attempt to hide your legs. "W-What are you doing here, Tooru?" You ask, looking to the side.