Chapter 36: Shiritorizawa

No POV:

  Stupid, stupid, stupid...How could I let myself like him? I should have known it would end up like this from the start, you think to yourself as the pain in your knee becomes unbearable.

You keep running, tears covering your face.

   Eventually, your knee gives out on you, causing you to fall to the ground, scraping yourself up on the concrete.

   Shit, You think, realizing how much pain your body's in.

   Why her? You question, in too much pain to move. You can barely move your leg, and now your face, shoulder, arm, thighs, and knees are scraped up. Then on top of all of that, rain starts trickling down from the sky.

   Today hasn't been your day.

   You lie on the ground, the pain and darkness consuming you.

   That is until a familiar figure appears in front of you.

   "F/n..."

   When you hear the familiar deep voice, you immediately try to hush your sobs, embarrassed at your current state. You use your arms to push yourself up, looking towards the large boy in front of you. His olive-colored eyes are filled with concern as the rest of his face appears neutral. 

   Once you're in a sitting position, you try to stand up from there, but a shooting pain zips through your knee, causing you to fall on your butt. 

   The boy watches as you hold your knee while the cold wind brushes through his short olive hair.  

   Without a word, he picks you up, placing you on his back. You don't argue or fight. Right now, you're in too much pain to care, both emotionally and physically. 

   "What are you doing here, Wakatoshi?" You ask, sorrow laced in your tone. 

   Ushijima looks forward as you rest your head on the back of his neck, too tired to support it any longer. 

   "Jogging. Where is your home?" He responds bluntly. 

   You clench your arms tighter around the boy. "I don't want to go home," You mutter, tears falling once more as your entire body shakes. Knowing that if you go home, it's highly likely that you'll run into Oikawa, and that's the last thing you need right now. 

   Ushijima stands in place for a moment, thinking. Eventually, he starts moving in the direction he came from. 

   "I can take you back to my dorm," He offers, continuing to walk towards Shiritorizawa. 

   You nod slightly, trying to keep the sound of your sobs down, the image of Mia's lips on Oikawa's burned into the fibers of your e/c orbs. 

   I hate him.

   I hate her. 

   ...I hate myself for caring for them...

~~~~

   "Ok, miracle boy, I need you to tell me the truth...Did you kidnap our little Shortcake?"

   After placing you on his bed, Ushijima turns around to face his roommate, giving him a confused expression. "No. Why would I kidnap her?" The boy asks. 

   You shift on the bed, having fallen fast asleep while Ushijima was carrying you. 

   The ace walks over to a table, digging through the first-aid supplies. While he does this, Tendou sits next to you on the bed, examining your scrapes. "If you didn't abduct her, then why does she look so beaten up?" Tendou asks, shifting his gaze to Ushijima.