Chapter 3: Late Night Snack

No Pov:

   It was currently 11 at night on a Sunday and you were laying on your floor with your stomach growling. You were so hungry, but you were all out of food, and your dad wasn't going to be home until morning. You tried to sleep it off but it was no use. Your insides felt like they were eating each other. You had 2,000 yen on your nightstand and there was a convenience store not too far from where you live. 

   So you pick your lazy ass up and put on a sweatshirt and sweatpants. Then you grab your money and keys and make your way to the store. 

   It was a lot colder out than you expected so for your entire walk you were shivering. The wind was blowing right through your clothing. You might as well have been wearing nothing. 

   Once you arrive at your destination you bask in the warm air. Oh, how you loved the warmth.

   You make your way over to the snack area because real food is for the weak. You picked out a box of strawberry pokies and some milk bread. 

   You walk over to the fruits section and think about being healthy. You stare at the strawberries for a second and then pick them up too. You loved strawberries. Your mom always use to eat them with you when she was still around. 

   You begin to get lost in thought, thinking about your mom and your past until you feel a tap on your shoulder. You turn around to see a man standing behind you. He looked like he was in his 50s. 

   "A pretty girl like yourself shouldn't be out this late at night all alone," He says with and gross smile. "How about you let me take you home. I'll keep you nice and safe." He says inching closer to you. 

   "No thanks. I can handle myself. You don't have to worry sir," You respond. As you try to walk past him he grabs your arm to prevent you from leaving. You look back at him with an intense glare. 

   All I wanted was food and now some crusty ass bitch is trying to kidnap me. What an ass, You think to yourself. 

   "Come on I really don't mind. Maybe you'll even enjoy our little walk." 

   "I said I don't need your help, now piss off," You say trying to pull your arm out of his grasp. 

   "Oh come on, don't be like that." 

   "You little-," You begin but are interrupted by another voice. One that annoys you to no end. The voice that haunts your dreams. But right now you were actually glad to hear it. 

   "Thank you for the offer. I really do appreciate it," Your brown-haired classmate, Oikawa begins, "But she doesn't need your help. She has me,"He finishes, putting his hand on the man's arm. He glares directly into the his soul. 

   The man lets go and with an annoyed huff, he leaves the store. As you take your gaze away from him you look up at the boy standing next to you. Before you can say anything he opens his mouth first. 

   "I told you there were perverts around here," He says, looking down at your figure. 

   "Tch. Oh shut up. I could have handled it myself," You say, rolling your eyes. He didn't like that. He grabs you by the shoulders and makes you turn to face him. He looks you dead in the eyes. This was the first time you had ever seen him so serious. 

   "L/n, you could have been kidnaped just now. You need to take this more seriously," He says. You look down at your feet. This was the first time he called you by your name, so you knew he wasn't playing around. Ok so, maybe that wasn't the best situation to be in, but you've been through a lot worse. After you don't answer for a little while Oikawa sighs and removes his hands from you. "What are you doing out so late at night anyway?"