Chapter 10: First Day

No POV:

   "Alright, boys gather around!" Coach Mizoguchi said to the entire Sajoh boys volleyball team. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked over at their coach. Someone was standing next to him.

   That person was you. You had agreed to become the manager of the team. The only person that knew about this was Oikawa. Even the other third years had no idea this going to happen. 

   The other players just stared at you. Some of them were even checking you out. Oikawa noticed this and sent them a stern glare. It wasn't like him to be protective but he was when it came to you. 

   "This is third-year F/n L/n and she's going to be our new manager," Coach Mizoguchi stated. Everyone other than Oikawa was overcome by shock. The third years could believe you agreed to do this and the underclassmen were shocked that they actually got a hot manager.  

   Mizoguchi looks over at you. He was gesturing for you to speak. You looked at him and then back out at the sea of high school boys. 

   "I'm looking forward to working with all of you," You say loudly and confidently. Oikawa only smiled at this. He knew being here was hard for you and he was so proud of you for showing up. Iwaizumi, Matsukawa, and Makki looked at Oikawa in awe. They had zero faith that he would get you here, but look at you now. 

   All the boys went around introducing themselves to you, even the ones you already knew.  

   Eventually, they started to practice, and Coach Irihata told you all of the things you were responsible for as team manager, like laundry, filling water bottles, keeping track of everyone's progress, etc. After everything was explained to you, you had a new respect for managers. They didn't have it easy. You were up for the challenge though. 

   Throughout the practice, you started a journal for tracking everyone's progress and just basic notes. You also cleaned their jerseys, filled up water bottles about 5 times, and collected everyone's phone numbers. 

   From your observations the team is solid, but they don't really have any outstanding players other than Oikawa. They're all good players and all, but there's nothing that really sets them apart from the crowd. Though they are a very complete team. Everyone works as a cohesive unit. Oikawa was the one that brought their skills to life. His skill was outstanding. He was almost as good of a setter as you, but you'd never tell him that. 

   Once practice ended and everyone was cleaning up, you got to talk to a lot of the players. 

   "Um hi, L/n-senpai," Kindaichi greeted you nervously. You look up from your notes and look at the anxious boy. 

   "Oh hey, Kindaichi-san, right?" You ask looking him directly in the eyes. The first-year boy turns a bright shade of red when you say his name. 

   "Y-yes t-that's right," The boy says, studdering over his own words. 

   "So what's up?" You ask. Each time you say something the blush on his face only deepens. 

   "I-I just wanted to t-thank you for b-becoming our m-manager," He says as he bows to you. Before you can say anything he walks off, leaving you slightly confused.      

   You see him walk over to Yahaba. He was bosting about how he talked to you. You rolled your eyes in amusement. You forgot why you were so scared of coming here in the first place. Everyone on the team is a dork.