Chapter 33: New Years'!

No POV:

3

2

1

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

   You sigh, turning off the TV. You've never gotten anything out of staying up till midnight and watching the New Years' countdown, but it's always been a tradition of yours. New years' is one of the few memories you have of your birth parents, so it only feels right to stay up a little later and watch the ball drop.  

   Though, it does make you sad that your father has to work nightshift tonight. He normally keeps you company, but his work takes precedent. 

   You yawn, getting off the couch and making your way to bed. After changing, brushing your teeth, turning out all the lights, you climb into bed, utterly exhausted. It's a good thing you're on winter break because if you had school in the morning, you wouldn't be able to function.    

   Pulling your blankets over you and placing your head on a pillow, you slowly start drifting off. That is until your pulled from your relaxed state by a loud knocking at your door. 

   Your eyes shoot open as you throw your blankets off of your small body. 

   Marching to the front door, you swing it open, revealing your annoying neighbor. You look up at him with rage in your eyes, body shaking and fists clenched. "What do you want, Oikawa," You growl through your teeth, making a poor attempt to sound calm. 

   Oikawa gives you a shit-eating grin, bending his torso slightly, getting closer to you. "I got my driver's license!" The boy exclaims, making you even more furious. 

   "I know. You've been telling me about it all week. So if all you wanted to do was bother me, then I'm going back to sleep," You grumble, turning around and trying to close the door, having had enough of the boy's antics. 

   Though, Oikawa grabs you by the arm, pulling you back outside. 

   "Let's go to the shrine together. I'll drive," Oikawa offers, sticking his tongue out in a playful manner.   

   You stare at him with tired eyes for a few seconds. Sighing, you turn your gaze to the ground, knowing you can never win with him. "Let me change, and we can go," You give in. 

   Oikawa's grin grows even bigger. "I'd love to help you with that~," He flirts. 

   You pull your arm away from him, stomping on his foot. "In your dreams," You state, walking back into your apartment, leaving the front door open so Oikawa can enter. 

   Oikawa winces in pain, grabbing his foot with his hand and hopping into your home. 

   You walk to your bedroom. Closing your door, you change into sweats and a long sleeve shirt. 

   When you're done, you find Oikawa leaning against the front door, waiting for you. He looks like he's deep in thought as he gazes out the window and to the night sky. 

   You smile at this, feeling a sense of joy in the pit of your stomach. Approaching him, you get his attention. "Ready?" You ask, now standing in front of him. 

   Oikawa looks at you intently. He reaches his hand up, grabbing a small piece of your hair and gazing into your eyes. Soft, He thinks. 

   Your eyes widen at this action, and your cheeks turn a light shade of red. 

   "O-Oikawa," You call out to the boy. 

   He smiles, letting go of your hair and opening the door behind him. "Let's get going, Shorty-chan!" He exclaims, walking into the outside world.