Chapter 38: First Date

No POV:

   "Ok, how about a walk in the park?" 

   "...She's not some dumb dog, Shittykawa," Iwazumi states with a tired and slightly annoyed expression. 

   Oikawa had been at Iwaizumi's house all day, brainstorming places to take you on your date tomorrow. The brown-haired boy wants to make it special but can't think of a perfect place to take you. 

   Oikawa pulls at his hair, leaning back into his friend's couch. "Ugh, why is this so difficult!? It would be so much easier if she liked the top venues, but no, she has to be complicated!" He complains, causing Iwaizumi to rub his temples. 

   "Shouldn't you be happy about that?" Iwaizumi suggests. 

   Oikawa sits up straight, looking at Iwaizumi like he's an idiot. "No, I shouldn't. Because now I have to think of things she actually likes and places that have actual value!" He whines, putting his head in his hands and pouting. 

   "Poor you," Iwaizumi mocks, rolling his eyes at his overly dramatic friend.  

   The brown-haired boy pretends like he didn't hear that and continues talking. "I would take her somewhere she likes, but the only things she's into are strawberries, volleyball, and being mean to me," Oikawa states, frustrated at the situation. 

   "Why don't you take her out to a Karaoke juice bar. That way, she can make fun of your trashy singing," Iwaizumi offers, taking a jab at his childhood friend. 

   "Not helping! And my singing's stupendous, thank you very much!!" Oikawa snaps, turning to Iwaizumi with an angry expression. 

   Iwaizumi crosses his arms over his chest, sighing. "I don't understand why you're having so much trouble with this. You've known her for almost a year now. It shouldn't be this complicated." 

   Oikawa groans at his friend's response, realizing that he's right. "I know..." He states, dramatically flopping over, so he's laying down. Iwaizumi moves to the other couch as he does this. The brown-haired boy is slightly offended but chooses to ignore him. "What about a movie?" Oikawa asks, the sound of his voice muffled by the couch cushion. 

   "Remember what happened last time?" 

   "UGH."

~~~~

   While Oikawa spent his Sunday at Iwaizumi's house, you spent the day at home, trying to calm your nerves. You also read all the texts Ami sent you, knowing full well you didn't have your phone.  

   The blonde even started having full-on conversations with herself. You had to admit it was quite entertaining to read. 

   Currently, you're walking to school with Oikawa, and you're only a few blocks away. Besides the occasional flirty comment, Oikawa was very respectful, not trying to take things too quickly.

   "So, Shorty-chan~, you excited for our date tonight~?" Oikawa tease, causing you to jump a little bit. 

    "No," You state, turning your head to the side, blush covering your cheeks. 

   Oikawa looks at you with an offended expression. "Lier," Oikawa huffs, making a pouty face. "I bet you couldn't sleep last night because you were so excited," Oikawa states with a smirk, causing your blush to deepen.  

   "You remember that poster-," You begin but are interrupted by Oikawa.

   "OK, OK, I'll stop!!" Oikawa defends, putting his hands in the air.