Chapter 39: Chaos

No POV:

   "Sooo~, how'd it go~?"

   You look at your three friends in annoyance. They had hung around your apartment for hours, waiting for you to get home. The worst thing is, your father got home and made them all hot chocolate.

   "What are you still doing here?" You growl, clenching your fists, watching them as they drink their hot cocoa, sitting around the table with your father.

   "We want to know how your date went. Is that so wrong?" Makki asks, grinning at you.

   Your eyebrow twitches at their actions. "It's 11 p.m., couldn't you have just waited until tomorrow?" You question through your teeth.

   Ami takes a loud sip of her drink, then places it down on the table, looking at you with a serious expression. "No. The suspense would have killed me," Ami states, causing you to sigh.

   You turn to your dad, saying, "Why did you feed them? You know when you feed animals, they don't leave."

   "So cold," Matsukawa remarks, acting offended.

   Your father glances at you with a blank expression. "They were hungry and cold. They're also very nice kids," He states, causing you to facepalm.

   Ami takes a good look at you, realizing that your hair and clothes are wet. "Wow, F/n-chan, you look like a mess."

   "Thanks, you don't look much better," You retort, rolling your eyes at your friend.

   Ami places a hand over her heart, an offended expression making its way to her features. "That's the meanest thing you've ever said to me," She whines, wiping away a fake tear.

   "I hate you."

   "I love you too," Ami responds, doing a complete one-eighty.

   Makki and Matsukawa chuckle at your actions.

   "So, you gonna tell us how it went?" Matsukawa asks, taking another sip of his drink.

   A small smile plays on your lips as you think back to what happened, blush lightly dusting your cheeks. "It went well. Tooru and I are together now," You say, leaving out the details.

   Ami squeals, jumping to her feet and engulfing you in a tight hug. "I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU BESTIE!!" She yells in your ear, though you're far too exhausted to resist.

   Makki chuckles, getting up from his seat, and dusts himself off. "Well, I think it's about time we head home now. I'm happy for you, L/n," He says, giving you a warm smile.

   "Yeah, please leave now," You say, still being squeezed by your blonde friend.

   The two boys sweat at your harshness. Matsukawa gets up as well, about to pry Ami off of you, but your father stops them.

   "I have an idea. Why don't you kids spend the night? I wouldn't want you walking all the way home at this time of night," Your father offers, causing you to look at him in disbelief.

   "HUH!? Are you insane!? Now they're never going to leave!" You yell, baffled by your father's offer.

   "Of course, sir. That would be wonderful," Matsukawa responds, a shit-eating gin resting on his lips.

   "YAYYY!!! SLEEPOVER!!!!" Ami screams, letting go of you and skipping towards the boys.

   Kill me, You think to yourself, letting out an exhausted and defeated sigh.