𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 3

─────┈ • ⋆ ✮ ⋆ • ┈────

"You guys won't believe this!" Sirius exclaimed as he and James got to the common room after the tryouts were suspended and moved to the next day due to "scheduling issues". Peter stopped playing with his wand, moving it around like a drumstick (he hit Remus twice), while Remus was looking between a stack of books. "What?"

"Slytherin crashed our tryouts! And you won't believe this, remember (Y/N)? The one we played a prank on?" Continued James, as Remus and Peter nodded. 

"She was there! And she looks so different—not just physically, you know? Like, I think we broke her, guys." Sirius concluded.

"Told you. You guys should apologize," Remus said. "It was cruel and unnecessary."

"What? Why should we be the only ones to apologize! You participated in the prank too, remember?" James argued. 

"Peter should do it. She scares me; she looks like she could hex me," Sirius shook his head. Peter didn't even react, thinking the 2 dark-haired boys were exaggerating. He was still picturing the same (Y/S/C) girl with messy (Y/H/C) hair and a smile always present on her face.

"Sure, if that's what everyone wants. When should I do it? Right now?" James was surprised at Peter's courage, as he knew the small boy was kind of a coward.

He felt proud of his friend, patting his back with pride, "Who are you, and what have you done with little Pete?" Sirius laughed at the nickname, and Peter's ears and tip of his nose reddened, but he felt appreciated, like he could take over the world.

"Yup, do it now before you regret it." Sirius encouraged Peter, nudging him. "We'll go with you and hide in a corner, ready to protect you. Just in case."

Remus shook his head. "I have to finish this essay. James and Sirius should too; Slughorn will give them detention if they don't turn it in."

James and Sirius nodded, although they really wanted to see Peter try and apologize to (Y/N). Peter now didn't feel as brave as he used to just minutes before, but James had looked so proud of him...So the light-haired boy stood up and shook off the dust from his robes, "Okay. So I'm off now..."

He gulped as he went through the portrait hole. Peter walked towards the Slytherin common room, figuring that's where the girl spent more time. And he found her near the kitchens, right after turning to his left. James and Sirius were right, he quickly came to realize.

She had this intimidating air to her that made Peter go back in his steps to avoid her seeing him. Peter peaked his head from the corner, trying to get a good look at the girl. Calm down, Peter, she is harmless... You can do this, he thought.

When the boy finally gathered enough courage and decided to come out of his hideout, his eyes met (Y/N)'s, who shot him a very intense glare; if looks could kill, he'd be dead.

His heart dropped to his feet, and he started to run to the other side of the castle, towards his common room. "Password?" The Fat Lady asked, interrupting the panic attack that had started to form in Peter's psyche.

Peter took an instant to stabilize his breath and tried to look like a winner. "Rat inertia". The portrait opened, and the short boy saw his 3 friends working on an essay (though the only one that was working was Remus, while James and Sirius were drawing smiley faces on each other's papers and laughing).

When they noticed Peter, James called him over with a grin.

"So? How did it go? Did she forgive us?" Sirius asked, moving all their supplies to make Peter a place to sit.