𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 9

─────┈ • ⋆ ✮ ⋆ • ┈─────

"Are you sure about this?" Regulus asked, voice low as a whisper. "I don't want to be a burden..."

You and him were currently drafting the letter to your grandmother, asking her for permission for Regulus to stay at your house until further notice.

You couldn't go in-depth as to why, just in case the letter got intercepted. Due to recent events, suspicious letters weren't always delivered to their destiny, but investigated. 

"You're not." You reassured, "In fact, I am more than glad that you'll be coming to live with me."

Your friend sighed. "Thank you, really."

"It's nothing." You stated, continuing to write the rest of the letter. "Should we tell her why?"

"We must." 

You nodded, then gave the letter the last finishing touches. You had grabbed your finest and most expensive parchment for this, so you wanted it to be perfect. It had to be.

Your grandmother had always been a kind and compassionate woman, always had to be wearing the latest fashion trend and the most extravagant jewelry. Regulus was pretty much the same, even if his clothes were not chosen by him.

He had a direct way to say things, and rarely panicked or showed any emotions; your grandma knew this and liked it. She had congratulated you about Regulus and his way of doing things.

"(Y/N), do you remember the wedding you went to last year?" Your grandma asked suddenly the summer before you started your last year at Hogwarts.

"You mean Narcissa Black's?" You confirmed. "Yeah, it was pretty cool."

"Well, some of my... friends, you could say, tell me you were there with the Black brothers." 

You nodded, "Yeah, you could say we're friends.  But I'm closer with the younger of the two, Regulus. Wait, why do you ask?"

"Well," She put down her cup on the table. "I just wanted to congratulate you on your choice of  friends."

"Since when do you care about that?" 

"I don't." She said simply, "But thing is, I know their parents, and well, they're not good people. So if you're friends with them, I'm certain you're changing their lives for the best."

"I think you're giving me too much credit."

"Perhaps, but I still want to congratulate you."  She ended the conversation by taking a sip of her coffee and standing up.

"Whew, I think I just finished it." You say, letting go of your quill and turning to look at Regulus. "I'll tell you when I get a response, but well. I had an idea, I've been checking some apartments in Diagon Alley, and we're about to graduate and be of age-"

"And what are you two whispering about?" Louis interrupted as he dropped himself in the chair beside Regulus.

"Nothing." You glared at him, agile hands turning the parchment upside down so he wouldn't see it.

"Suspicious." He tried to take the piece of paper away from you, but Regulus stopped him.

"Did you need something?" 

Louis quickly took advantage of the change in topic, "Actually, yes. I'm officially calling for a family reunion."

"Family reunion?" Regulus asked.