𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 1

TW: Mentions of abuse suspicions.

─────┈ • ⋆ ✮ ⋆ • ┈─────

Unsurprisingly, the Alaris mansion was empty and cold, the oldest Alaris was always somewhere else and the only time (Y/N) heard from her was the times she left a small note on the fridge with things for her granddaughter to do.

(Y/N) had also been going to manners classes; but first we must go back in time to first and second year, when her grandma made her attend manners classes, but she never actually used what she learned. So it was an eye-opening experience when, in the Yule Ball, she learned that she liked people paying attention to her. But not just any type of attention, but people feeling attracted to her.

But in order to do that, she needed to act properly. So instead of just staying at home feeling miserable, she signed herself into the class. She entered the classroom expecting a boring, how-to-appropriately-use-forks kind of class.

And she was right, as most of the students there were stuck-up purebloods that looked that they didn't want to be there. At one moment, when class was more boring and even the teacher looked like she was about to fall asleep, she wondered if Regulus ever had to attend one of those classes.

One guy there, (Y/N) thinks that his last name was Bulstrode, actually resembled him. He had black, well-kept hair and he sat slightly crouched. She imagined that it was likely that when Regulus was older, they would look alike.

These classes didn't limit themselves to modals while eating, it also talked about the correct dress code and how to make everyone else see, and feel your confidence.

This lasted all summer, and while this happened (Y/N) got over the awkward phase of puberty. She had gotten taller and the acne and pimples disappeared, not before leaving a trail of acne scars on her cheeks and upper arms; and she was way more confident than she had been the year before, and what had been a light strut became a full-blown strut.

And she proved her theory of wanting more attention and recognition when she went to buy her annual supplies to Diagon Alley and attractive people her age got red in the face and whispered when she passed by, she had to hold in a smile.

She had been in contact with Regulus by his two-way mirror, but judging by the loud noises of yelling and things breaking whenever they talked, instead of being happy for getting to talk with him, she was worried.

Regulus seemed to be fine, (Y/N) made sure of it. He had no scars and no bruises, and although she was relieved it still didn't help to make her worries disappear. But apart from that, he didn't look too different, and thankfully he had gotten rid of the excessive amount of gel on his hair.

Louis and (Y/N) had been talking by owl, and he had offered to accompany her to Kings Cross station and of course, she accepted. Fast forward to the last day of summer, and (Y/N) decided to invite Louis for a sleepover.

She tried to ask Sam, Leo, and Regulus over as well, but Sam had her cousin's birthday party, Leo had to go buy his things in Diagon Alley at the last minute, and Regulus... Well, he said his mom didn't let him.

The night of the sleepover was fun since the empty mansion made it possible for the 2 friends to be as loud as they wanted to. The first thing (Y/N) noticed was that Louis had changed a lot as well, he changed his brown hair to a middle part and he had grown a few inches.

The nerdy smile that he had become more of a smirk and now he stood up straighter and slightly more intimidating. But his personality stayed the same, bubbly and kind.

The two 15-year-olds played a friendly match of quidditch with the old brooms (Y/N) had in the family's closet. Afterward, they snacked everything they found on the fridge and then went to sleep at about 3 in the morning after Salem attacked Louis.