𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 4

─────┈ • ⋆ ✮ ⋆ • ┈────

It had been two days since the Three Broomsticks incident, however (Y/N) found herself not even thinking about the dark-haired boy. Instead, her mind was going 54 miles per hour; thinking about how to apologize to Sam without losing her pride.

You see, (Y/N) was an extremely proud person, she refused to be wrong and accept her mistakes. She spent the cold evening after classes in the library, with a book about muggle-borns and the different struggles they faced. The girl felt incredibly bad, not believing she could have been stupid enough to think one book was enough to discriminate against one of her best friends.

Christmas was going to be soon and it would be the perfect occasion to apologize to Sam while also kind of bribing her with a gift. Her plan was flawless!

(Y/N) started going to Hogsmeade regularly, looking around with a bag full of galleons in her hand; she was usually alone and no one really wanted to get near her. She wondered why but brushed it off when she saw a beautiful ring that she was sure Sam would love.

The ring was black, it had a black stone in the middle and a silver snake going around it and your finger if you put it on. (Y/N) knew how proud Sam was of her house, so she decided to buy the ring.

It was a bit expensive, but she had brought more than enough money. (Y/N) ran back to the castle, slowing down suspiciously when someone saw her.

Halfway there, she bumped into someone dropping the small box that had the ring in it. She gave the "stranger" a glare, standing up and dusting off her clothes.

"I'm really sorry, I wasn't seeing where I was going", the boy looked oddly familiar but he had still bumped into her and damaged Sam's present. The boy reached down to grab the dark box and extended his hand to give it to the girl.

(Y/N) scoffed and grabbed it, "Yeah you can say that again."

"Wait a minute, I know you! Remember me? I'm Leo, we had Potions in the first year. Merlin you look so different, what happened to your hair, and- where are Louis and Sam?" (Y/N) did recognize the boy. They'd been partners in Potions and he had sat in her compartment.

"They're-" she coughed awkwardly, trying to come up with something. "They're not really with me right now. Decided to stay in Hogwarts."

"Oh, and are you alone? Maybe we should hang out. We didn't really get to know each other, and you look so changed! We should really catch up."

Leo had already started walking towards Hogsmeades again, so with a sigh and reluctant steps, the girl followed him. They went to the Three Broomsticks, by Leo's petition, it was his first time at Hogsmeade and he really wanted to try a butterbeer.

The two-third years sat down facing each other, and (Y/N) found herself actually enjoying his company. He was a talkative person, something she liked and disliked at the same time. The afternoon went by fairly quickly, and soon enough (Y/N) was back in the Slytherin common room, engulfed by several blankets and with a hot chocolate she stole from the kitchens in her hand.

From her place, she could see her friends laughing and playing around, missing their laughs. She knew she'd fucked up, and seeing them so... happy without her made her heart ache. It was something so stupid to be sad about, she had brought this on herself, she thought as she gave the hot chocolate the first sip.

She almost cried when the brown liquid hurt her tongue, one more tragedy in the list. She was so frustrated with herself at being so afraid of confrontation, and so pathetic, so powerless. Throwing the blankets aside and leaving the mug on the table, she went up the stairs towards the girls' dorms. Her eyes went from her boots to where her friends (or ex-friends) were sitting, trying to see if they had seen her and would approach her.