𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 4

─────┈ • ⋆ ✮ ⋆ • ┈─────

(Y/N)'s 4th year started with the wrong foot, as she had entered puberty. But not the puberty that makes you blossom into a butterfly, but that awkward part where your face fills with acne, and you have voice cracks every minute.

Nevertheless, as much as she wished she could delay the start of the new year it was impossible. So she went to Kings Cross Station, got on the scarlet train with golden letters that read 'Hogwarts Express' and met up with her friends.

They too had changed and looked older. More mature but not quite. Nothing interesting happened during the ride, or during the start of term feast, for that matter.

It was until fall arrived that different events started to happen; such as (Y/N) and Sirius getting paired up by Professor Sinistra for an astronomy project that was worth 40 percent of their final grade. The project itself wasn't too hard, as it consisted of creating a model of a night sky reflecting the stars and constellations on it.

The two 4th years greatly disliked each other, but after bickering for most of the class they decided to meet up after classes and Sirius would come looking for (Y/N) at the common room.

Before the two met up, unknowingly they'd tried their best to look presentable, with small things such as fixing their robes and tightening their ties. But Sirius' nerves won over when their reunion was supposed to happen, and he messed up his hair and clothes.

This nervousness was also what made him get to the Slytherin common room late, making his project partner mad. (Y/N) and Sirius then went to the Black lake, since she insisted that her star could be seen perfectly from that spot.

The two worked until the sun was hidden and the stars were brighter than ever, sneaking glances at each other from time to time. (Y/N) was close to recognizing that he looked good, but his annoying voice just had to ruin it.

They met again, but this time in the astronomy tower. To no one's surprise, Sirius was late again and told some lie about being held up by a group of girls asking him to be their date. (Y/N) doubted that, but bit her tongue since she wanted to get over their project fast.

The project was done in that same session, and Sirius took it back to his room where it would stay until the due date was up; days before Christmas, the class turned in their respective projects.

During Divination, a class (Y/N) had a love-hate relationship with, the girl was surprised by a beautiful Ravenclaw. Her name was Priya, and it didn't take long for the (Y/E/C) eyed girl to develop a crush on her.

After the whole project situation, the Yule Ball was the next thing that worried (Y/N). She'd heard incredible things about the Ball, such as the beautiful classical music or the romantic ambiance. She considered asking Priya to it several times, but each time she saw the black-haired girl, her nerves were too much to handle and she decided not to do anything about it.

On the day of the Yule ball, Louis and (Y/N) were excited, and the boy offered to do her hair, which she accepted. Then, their friend group separated into boys and girls.

The boys went to their rooms to change, while the girls stayed there. Sam wore a white dress, which contrasted perfectly with her and made her look like an angel, while (Y/N) wore a simple, light blue dress.

The girl thought she looked beautiful, and the compliments Sam gave her just fueled her ego. She wanted to have received compliments all the time, she wanted people to like her. Not that she would ever like them back, but it was nice to be desired.

The two girls met with the rest of the boys in the common room, who were shocked by their appearances. Regulus got red when (Y/N) sat next to him, while Leo was looking between both girls with his mouth open.