𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 3

─────┈ • ⋆ ✮ ⋆ • ┈─────

"Look, I understand that you were mad. But that isn't an excuse for how bad your behavior was." Remus told him, side-eyeing James and Peter. The four boys were sitting in the Gryffindor common room, just a day after Sirius' outburst.

Sirius sighed, "I know. And I'm sorry, I really am."

And as always, James came to his best friend's defense. "I get it, I've been jealous too. But you really need to know how to deal with it. Was that the first time you felt something like that?"

Peter's leg bounced up and down, and he had to bite the inside of his cheek to stop himself from spitting out nonsense. 

Sirius nodded bashfully, "It was so weird. I swear, I almost felt physically sick."

"So, let me see if I understand. You were jealous because (Y/N) was going on a date with someone else." Remus taunted, "You know... Friends don't get jealous over their friends."

"Wait, you two are changing the topic." Sirius tried to avoid his friends from jumping to conclusions, "I just wanted to repeat that I am very sorry about what I did, and won't do it again."

"It's okay, just don't do it again. Now, let's forget about that and instead give lil' old Sirius some advice-"

"Why were you even so mad in the first place?" A very rude Peter interrupted, almost like he wanted to stir up trouble. "If she is making you feel bad enough to lash out at your friends, she just isn't worth it."

"What do you have so against her?" Sirius furrowed his eyebrows, instantly getting defensive. James and Remus merely looked at each other, predicting another argument.

Peter raised both of his hands, feigning innocence. "Nothing. Nothing at all. I'm just trying to understand why you're still following her like a puppy even after she has hurt you not once, but like a million times!"

Sirius was sure he could see the back of his head with how hard he rolled his eyes, "You don't know what you're talking about. And no offense but it's really none of your business."

"Alright, let's take a minute to calm down and think before we speak." Remus reasoned, but his concerns were quickly dismissed by Peter, who didn't even acknowledge him or James.

"But ask yourself this, when she breaks your heart, who's going to have to pick up the pieces? Us! And they," He pointed to Remus and James, "Might not mind, but I do!"

"What? Are you hearing yourself?" The raven-haired boy couldn't help but laugh, just making Peter angrier. "Are you jealous or something?"

He meant it as a joke, he truly did. But his friend's reaction indicated something completely different: he suddenly got pale, his brown eyes widened and his hands started to shake. 

A light hue of pink took over his ears, cheeks, and the tip of his nose. Whether it was of shame or because he had been caught, Sirius wasn't really sure. Peter truly looked like a dear caught in the headlights. 

"She doesn't deserve you, you're just going to get hurt."

"What? And you do?" He asked with a mocking smile.

The blonde boy didn't know how to reply, so instead, he stood up and changed the topic. "Why can't you see it? How many fights have we had because of her? She is breaking this friend group apart!"

"Both of you! Time out!" After no one moved, James increased his voice volume. "NOW!"

"Quite on the contrary, if something ever happens to this group," Sirius too stood up and pressed a finger against Peter's chest, ignoring James in the process. "It's going to be your fault."