𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 10

(a/n): hi everyone! i just wanted to tell you guys I'm so sorry for not updating sooner, i started school and they leave so much homework! so we'll have to go back to the update once a week schedule. ill try my best to update!

if necessary, you can imagine Louis' lake house like the Bly manor. and that's all, i hope you enjoy this incredibly bad chapter! next one will be better, i promise!

─────┈ • ⋆ ✮ ⋆ • ┈─────

"I wasn't aware this was a couple's trip." Leo chuckled, trunk on hand.

You and Sirius were the first ones to arrive at the line that led to the fireplaces connected to the Floo Network. There were lots of different lines, all of them way too long.

It was around 6 PM, and the professors had just opened the access to the fireplaces connected to the Floo Network. You didn't know why, but what can you do about it?

"It isn't." You replied simply, "Sirius is just making us... company, yeah."

Sirius chuckled, "Exactly what she said."

Leo narrowed his eyes, ready to express his suspicions when an over-enthusiastic Louis interrupted him. "Are you three ready!?" 

"Good morning to you too." You yawned.

"I am so excited!" Leo exclaimed, "I swear, it feels like I haven't done anything good for Christmas for years now."

"I know, right?" Sirius joined in in the excitement, much to your dismay. "Louis, again, thank you so much for inviting all of us."

"Oh, don't worry about it." Louis smiled, "On the other side, thank you guys for coming to help us."

Leo didn't quite catch what was happening but gave up on voicing his concerns when Sam, accompanied by Regulus, showed up. 

"Morning, everyone." She greeted, the boy on her right merely waving. "Did you all rest well?" She received incoherent answers, all going from 'yes, and you?' to a simple hum. 

"Hey!" Peter and Remus arrived several minutes after Sam and Regulus. "We got caught up on some stuff, sorry."

"Don't worry about it." Louis smiled reassuringly. 

"Who else is missing?" Asked Leo. 

"James." Sirius replied quickly, eyeing his two friends as to ask 'where is he?'. Both boys shrugged, turning around and looking at the hall for any sight of their friend.

"Oh, I'm sure he'll be here soon," Louis smirked. He didn't know how to sound natural, so his tone ended up sounding evil.

"What did you do?" You asked, lowering your voice to a whisper. "Did you plan something behind our backs?"

"What?" He gasped dramatically, "Me? Plan something behind your guys' backs? Never."

"Yeah, right." You crossed your arms over your chest, "If I didn't know you better, I would think you're evil."

"Good thing you know me better then." 

"What is taking him so long?" Sirius mumbled to himself urgently, eyeing how the line was getting shorter and shorter and James was still nowhere to be seen.

"Don't worry about it." Regulus comforted rather awkwardly, "We're not in a rush, are we?"

Louis shook his head, "We have like 2 weeks, I don't think it'll matter if we get to the lake house right now or in an hour."