𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 2

─────┈ • ⋆ ✮ ⋆ • ┈─────

Station 9¾ was full of people: kids of all ages and their parents were already waiting for the train; some kids' muggle parents looked obviously overwhelmed. Amongst them stood (Y/N) and her grandmother, hand in hand, in order to not lose each other. Some of the other pureblood families greeted the older woman, nodding their heads as a small gesture of respect. Perks of being the head of what used to be a very powerful family.

(Y/N) gripped her grandmother's hand instinctively, gripping it tightly in fear and nerves of all the kids her age; even if she was as extroverted as a person could be, she had never seen so many possible friends in one place. It made her want to throw up as well as approach every single person at the station.

However, before she could do any of that, a black and scarlet train arrived at the station with a big inscription that read "HOGWARTS EXPRESS". The vehicle quickly gained the attention of all the people there—kids, teenagers, and parents. Ms. Alaris gave (Y/N) a melancholic smile.

"I promise to write every day, okay? I will tell you about everything that happens!" The (Y/H/C) haired girl told the older woman, who nodded.

"You better, young lady, or I will personally go with the Headmaster to ask him to give you detention."  (Y/N) smiled cheekily. Her grandmother was never this playful with her. She had to swallow the lump in her throat. As the train seemed ready to leave, grandmother and granddaughter hugged for the last time that year, and once they separated, the girl took off, taking her trunk and Salem along for the ride.

She looked back one last time and gave her grandmother a thumbs up before running to get inside the train before it took off without her.

(Y/N) walked through the hallways of the vehicle, looking for a compartment that had 1st years and that wasn't already full, but soon found this task incredibly harder than she thought. That was until she reached the end of the hall and found a compartment that had only 4 kids inside. Near the window was one with sandy blonde hair; he was really pale and had different-sized scars across his face. Besides him was a kid with wild black hair and glasses who led the conversation. 

On the other window was a kid that was shorter and chubbier than the rest: his homemade sweater looked out of place in the middle of the summer, and his short blonde hair sat messily in his head. His hands were folded over his lap, and he fiddled with them constantly. Finally, beside him sat this kid who was taller than the rest; his black hair was parted down the middle, and he had rosy cheeks and tiny freckles all over his nose. Overall, he screamed "money."

(Y/N) cleared her throat and wiped her sweaty hands on her shirt before opening the door to the compartment. "May I sit here? Every other compartment is full." The girl asked the 4 boys, who nodded happily with the new company; she sat down next to the one with glasses, and she felt proud at the thought of these people becoming her friends.

"Sure. This is Sirius," the kid with glasses said, pointing at the taller one, who shot (Y/N) a kind smile. "Remus," he said, pointing at the kid with scars. "And Peter,"  he pointed at the shorter kid, "and I am James, James Potter." He finished with a half-smile, half-smirk.

"Well, nice to meet you! My name is (Y/N) Selene Alaris, and I am so excited to be here! I can't wait to see which house I get sorted into. I would love to be in Gryffindor or Hufflepuff! Oh, or Ravenclaw! Even if I'm not really that smart, creativity still counts, right? Oh, of course, and there's Slytherin! I've read loads about it; people say it's the evil house but I honestly don't thin-" She rambled quickly, not noticing the weirded out faces her fellow seatmates were giving her until James coughed, interrupting her.