𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 5

───┈ • ⋆ ✮ ⋆ • ┈────

After casting that spell, (Y/N) was pushed back by an invisible force, and hurt her head with the table in the center of the hall. Although she didn't pass out, the hit on her left her dizzy and with a bleeding wound. She was taken to the nurse wing by Louis, who had ignored his dueling partner as soon as he saw the commotion.

In the nurse wing, Madam Pomfrey had healed her fast and effectively, taking away the dizziness. The nurse had told (Y/N) she had to stay for one hour or two maximum and sent Louis back to his classes. Meanwhile, on the Great Hall, McGonagall had dragged Sirius to her office and told him all about his detention: he was going to the Forbidden Forest with the keeper of keys, whose name was Hagrid.

Sirius had seen him around, as he was the one that had guided the first years to the Great Hall on their first day. He was about 6 or 7 feet tall, and the boy suspected that he was either half giant or had eaten a lot of vitamins as a kid, and yes, he laughed about his own joke on his head.

"100 points from Gryffindor and detention for you, Mr. Black!" Professor McGonagall said. "I can't believe this—one student from my house breaking the rules and harming a student. I must say, I am very disappointed in you. That was an incredibly dumb decision that could have had dire consequences. I hope you will reflect on what you did today on your excursion to the Forbidden Forest."

As he got out of the teacher's office, he very much regretted throwing that spell at (Y/N), not only because of the detention he got but also because of the look of genuine fear in the girl's eyes just before the spell hit her. Also, because he was sure her friend Louis would beat him up at the first chance he got.

"What happened? Why did you do that?" Remus asked as soon as Sirius came out of the teacher's office. It seemed like the rest of the marauders were waiting outside.

"I don't know. I just got mad. Should I go say sorry?" the tall boy asked as the rest of them nodded. "Okay, then, she should be at the nurse wing, right? And is dueling club over?"

"Yeah, and yeah, we managed to sneak out, or, well, Flitwick kind of gave us permission," said James.

"We have to get to Herbology, though. You're on your own now, we can tell Professor Sprout why you're late, so don't worry about that." Said Peter, smiling slightly.

Sirius nodded and thanked his friends. He arrived at the nurse wing shortly after, and found a bored looking (Y/N) laying on one of the beds with no Louis by her side, something he found relieving.

"Hey (Y/N)..." The girl turned her head to see him, and they made eye contact. He felt really uncomfortable under her intense glare, not knowing how to approach her and say sorry. "I am really sorry.".

"Yeah, I bet. You sure looked sorry when you hit me with that spell." she rolled her eyes. "Did McGonagall ask you to say that?"

Sirius shook his head, "No. I really feel bad about throwing that spell at you, I wasn't thinking."

"You can say that again," the girl chuckled. Sirius rolled his eyes, but a small smile made its way into his face at the sight of her happy expression. He quickly realized he hadn't seen her smile since they started their second year.

"Does it still hurt?" He approached her bed trying to see if the back of her head was still bleeding.

She shook her head, "No. Not anymore, not even dizzy."

"Good, good. I'm glad to hear that." Sirius pressed his lips together in an awkward smile, as he had run out of topics to talk about.

"You know, I still won," said (Y/N) with a cocky smile on her face. "The duel, I mean."