𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 9

(a/n): hey everyone! sorry for not updating last week, I had exams. so as a way to say sorry, i made this chapter extra-long, hope you enjoy! :D oh and btw all of the spells probably dont exist, i invented them for the sake of the plot lol

─────┈ • ⋆ ✮ ⋆ • ┈─────

After what had happened in the courtyard, (Y/N) had been paying Sirius more attention than ever. To be honest, she hadn't even realized she did that until Sam had pointed it out. 

It had been embarrassing.

And the worst thing was that she had started to always know exactly where he was. "Hey, has someone seen Sirius?" Leo had asked one day, smiling playfully. "He's in the kitchens." (Y/N) had replied instantly, not even thinking twice about it.

And it wasn't just that. Every time he got near where she was, her heart would skip a beat, thinking he was going to say sorry again, or, maybe he would even ask her to the Yule ball (just so she could say no, don't get confused). And it wasn't like no one else had asked her.

Hell, she got asked out almost once every day. Sometimes twice. But she just said no, so she could reject Sirius with all her might. Not with some generic excuse. It had to hurt. 

She didn't even know why she was acting like that and she hated it. 

So that leads us here, Sam and (Y/N) slumping down in the couches of the common room after an exhausting trip to Hogsmeade. The two of them had gone out in the small town searching for a Yule ball dress, which they had found, alright. After two or three hours of searching and then another hour of getting in line.

Who would've thought that searching for a dress 1 week before the ball happened would cause a lot of people to go in a frenzy? 

"Did a bear attack you on your way here?" Louis teased, a small smile on his face. 

(Y/N) sighed, laying her head in the back of the couch. "You could say so." 

"I told you a lot of people would try to get a last-minute dress." Regulus briefly said before returning his gaze to his book.

"Yeah, whatever." Sam huffed, "But we found the perfect dresses. You'll shit your pants when you see them."

Leo chuckled, "Sure will. But talking about the ball, you still haven't told us who you're going with." 

"Patience. You'll see who it is when the day comes." 

(Y/N) nodded, "And it is basically just one week away." She looked around the room, scanning her friends. "And everyone here is going, right?"

Most of the room nodded, except for one person. "No, thanks. I still have lots of studying to do." The raven-haired boy said.

"Wait, what?" When she had asked the question, she definitely hadn't expected a no. "But you can take a break, you've been with your nose buried in books since we started this year!"

Regulus put the book down, "I just think it's a waste of time."

"But it's only one night." The girl begged, "If you come, I'll help you study the morning after! Please please please please." 

He pondered about it for a minute, "I don't even have a date."

"You don't need a date to go." Louis backed (Y/N) up. 

"Well, yeah. But everyone here has one, and if I'm the only one without a date, it'll be boring." 

"In that case, I shall be your date." She said, causing her friends to look at her with a surprised look on their faces. "I don't have a date either, so why not together?"