𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 6

(a/n): Italics mean flashback. And also, I recommend reading this chapter with the song 'Pretending' by Marc Anthony.

─────┈ • ⋆ ✮ ⋆ • ┈─────

You almost pissed yourself.

Not literally, of course. You were just really scared. Of what, exactly? You didn't really know. 

Of your feelings, probably.

And when you're scared, you do really stupid things. Like, ignoring the guy that held your heart in his hands. Your very fragile heart, may you add.

You weren't used to feeling like that. The last time you had a crush was maybe 4th year, and well, three years had already gone by.

Currently, you were sitting alone in your room, staring out the window mindlessly. It had been 2 days since you realized your crush on Sirius, and you just couldn't stop thinking about him.

About his silky, black hair, about how his grey eyes got illuminated under the sun, how whenever he laughed, he held his stomach (it was weird, you know, but it was so damn adorable), or about how bony his hands got sometimes. 

He was like a dream come true.

But then why couldn't you approach him? 

You had spotted him before he could. It was in the halls, just when you were sneaking off for some much-needed time alone in the Room of Requirements.

He, on the other side, was walking along with a Gryffindor you knew as Marlene McKinnon, laughing about something you couldn't really hear.

You weren't jealous, of course not. You weren't that insecure. Or well, maybe you would've been if the girl next to him was straight.

But either way, even if you knew it was stupid and maybe even pathetic, your stomach dropped to his feet. Had you ever made him laugh like that?

You had become lost in your thoughts and were only snapped out of them when a shoulder bumped into yours. You turned to see who it had been but were faced with a stranger.

The guy apologized, then continued walking. You didn't know whether to be relieved or disappointed because it wasn't Sirius.

You continued watching as he and Marlene kept talking, and laughing, and smiling, and... 

'Did he do that with all the girls he hung out with?' A voice in the back of your head remarked.

'Shut up. She's a lesbian, goddammit!' The logical side reminded you.

"Hey, is that..."  Sirius told his friend, eyes set on your distant frame. He couldn't be certain because of the distance, but it was the same (Y/H/C) hair and the same (Y/S/C) skin. "I'll be right back."

He started to approach you with an adorable smile on his face, yet you panicked- there was no place to hide. So, as any normal person would do, you ran.

You ran until you were out of breath and needed to take a breath, but he was still trailing behind you. You wished to have his resistance and condition.

"Hey (Y/N), wait up!" Sirius' voice said, trying to maneuver over the crowd of students and reach you. 

"Why are you even running?" He asked you, but you were too busy running up the stairs to hear. 

But by the time he reached the third floor, you were gone. And he was panting.

You cringed at the memory. So stupid.