17

Isabelle

"You have visitors!" Ashton said, "You've not really spoken to Crystal and Cal,"

Cal wiggled his eyebrows and I put my finger to my lip, giggling when he rolled his eyes. Crystal gave me a warm smile and sat beside Kaykay, then Ashton sat on my bed and sighed, shutting his eyes.

"I need a break,"

"Poor you,"

He stuck his tongue out and then made my bed more upright, perching next to Calum.

"I do not want your pity,"

"I know," Calum said, "That doesn't make you weak, you know?"

"Mhm,"

"Because sometimes receiving empathy is nice,"

"I will let three people give me empathy, and you are not one of them,"

"Three?"

"Ashton, Kaykay, and Lewis,"

"Lewis as in...?" Crystal asked, "Boyles?"

"Yeah,"

"Hm. I didn't take him to be the empathetic type,"

"That's because being on trauma and being on the cancer ward are different," Ashton said, his eyes flicking up at my monitors, "You okay?"

"Yeah,"

"Your heart rate is going up a little, do you need some room?"

"No, I am fine,"

"Okay," he smiled, "I trust you. These two are probably not ever going to treat you, so it will be nice to speak to them,"

"But I want Calum in on my surgery if he is the chief of general surgery,"

"Well we might not need Calum,"

"If you showed me my scans then I'd know that,"

"You're not seeing them," Kaykay grumbled, her page going off, "Crap, can I take this one? Last one I promise,"

"Yeah,"

"Me too," Ashton sighed, "Same patient I think,"

They both kissed my head and then rushed out, leaving Calum and Crystal. I flickered my eyes between them and then looked down, fiddling with my cover.

"You wanna see your scans?" she said.

"Yeah,"

"Why?"

"So I can understand, I wanna see it. I deserve to see it,"

"I think they just want to make sure you do not get extra stress. You might not understand,"- "So explain,"

"I do think it's only fair she sees," Calum said, "You can leave if you don't want to be involved,"

"No, I agree," Crystal said, taking my file out, "But this is totally your doing, Isabelle,"

"Yes, and if you don't show me now then I'll find a way to get them,"

"Of course you will, Kaykay did that too,"

She put the scans infront of me and Calum rolled over, taking my hand. I let go, but then took it again and he squeezed it.

"Do you know what this means?"

"Kind of but... no. There's a lot of bright parts,"

"Yeah, that is the cancer,"

"Oh,"