45

2 months later
Isabelle

As the bell rung, I burst into a round of applause, giving Iza the hugest smile. Aimee went over and hugged him, then his parents surrounded him and held him close.

I wished my parents did that.

"Iza, I now pronounce you cancer free!" Ashton said, putting an inflatable crown on his head, "Congratulations!"

"Thank you,"

His parents were going round shaking everyones hands, his mum even giving Ashton a hug, and I bit back my tears of happiness and relief for Iza.

"I can't believe this," he said, hugging me tightly, "You and Aims next,"

"Yeah,"

"I'll visit you,"

I nodded and smiled, giving him a kiss.

Aimee had changed her chemo treatment day so that her mum could be here, and made some more friends her age. That meant it had been Iza and I alone, and we had become really close.

A couple of weeks ago, he asked me to be his girlfriend. Somehow he wanted the state of me, even though he claimed I wasn't a state.

He visited me a lot in the hospital, we did school work together, and he had helped me eat full meals again. I was getting a lot better.

"How are you, Isabelle?" his mum said, "You look even better than last time we saw you,"

"I am doing okay. The radiation has apparently worked really well,"

"That's good to hear. Is your sister around?"

"No, she has an appointment,"

"We are going to go out for a meal, do you want to join us? We will pay,"

"Oh, no, I don't want to interrupt. This is a personal thing,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Ash and I are going to see Kaykay anyway," I nodded, "Thanks, though,"

She nodded and then Iza hugged me again, following his parents.

I watched him go and then turned to Ashton, taking hold of his hand; immediately, he brushed his thumb on my hand and adapted to my walking pace.

"That will be you soon, I promise,"

"Yeah,"

"Are you two till smooching?"

"Ew, don't say that,"

"I just did," he smiled, "Shall we go and find Kay?"

"Please,"

He took me through the hospital and we found her exam room, quietly slipping in; she grasped Ashton's hand tightly and smiled, turning to the monitor.

"Look,"

"A little baby," he cooed, "Is everything okay?"

"Everything is perfect,"

She looked at me and I smiled, then looked excitedly at the monitor.

"You still get attention,"

"I know,"

"You should be getting back to normal when they arrive. You'll be such a good auntie,"

"Is it a boy or a girl?"

"We don't know yet, there's still a long way to go before that,"

"Okay. Still, they're cute,"

She let go of Ashton's hand and took mine instead, kissing it. Ever since she found out she was pregnant, she had been so much happier. Even through the changes in her body, she had been so pleased.

I knew having a baby with Ashton was important to her.

We got the pictures printed off and then she sat up and hugged us both, kissing Ash on the lips, and me on the cheek.

"Did Iza ring the bell?"

"Yeah,"

"Are you two still smooching?"

"Why did you both ask that?" I exclaimed.

"We are curious," she giggled, "Ready to go home?"

"Yeah,"

"Good. Me too, my feet hurt,"

"Ashton can give you a foot rub,"

"Erm- you can't just offer me up for a service I didn't agree too,"

"Yes I can,"

"No, you can't,"

"Oh- by the way, I know today has mixed emotions, but Ash and I have something to show you,"

"What?"

She pulled out a slip of paper from her bag and gave it to me, so I put my glasses on and looked.

"What is this?"

"Ashton is now your legal guardian too,"

"He is?"

"Yeah,"

I stopped and hugged him, squeezing my eyes tightly.

"So now we are officially family?"

"Yeah, and do you know what families do?"

"What?"

"Go on holidays. And you have a holiday to pick out because you are going to ring that bell bloody soon, I promise,"

"You're not supposed to make promises,"

"Well I'm not your doctor anymore, I'm your guardian, and I am very happy to be able to say that,"

"Me too," I whispered, smiling, "You will be a good dad,"

"And you will be a brilliant Auntie, especially once you're out of a gown. Which is soon,"

"For definite?"

"For definite,"

_____

the end : D

see
im nice

thank you for all your support.

i know you will be sad this book is finished but it means i can pick up other projects yay!

love you guys