36

Kaykay

I gave Ash a kiss and sat next to him, giggling lightly at his touch. Most of us were a couple of drinks in, and I was tipsy for sure.

After dining, we all lounged around with a glass of booze, me resting on Ashton, and Calum resting on me. He wasn't drinking tonight because he was on call, but the company was nice.

None of us were drunk, we had work the next day, but getting a little tipsy did no harm. Anyway, I wasn't actually going to work for the next week.

Oh the way out, our chief director had spoken to Ash and I because we were entitled to leave for a while. We agreed to let me have the week off and then decide who got which days for next week and those following.

We knew we were allowed it, but originally we were going to have been able to work because Izz would be at school, so we kind of pushed it to the side a while ago.

"Someones page is going off,"

"Mine," Calum hummed, taking it from the pile, "I'll go,"

"Do you have to?"

"Erm, yes?" he chuckled, "It's for Isabelle,"

"What? I am coming,"

"Kay, he can handle it,"

"I am going,"

I pulled myself from Ashton's hold and stumbled a little, then grabbed my phone and followed Calum out the door.

"I have got this under control, Kay. You shouldn't be coming,"

"I knew I shouldn't have left her alone,"

"Kaykay, I have this under control. I haven't drank,"

Ignoring him, I climbed into the car and strapped myself in, so he had to let me stay. Then, he got in the car and sighed, driving us to the hospital.

I ran into the lift while he went to change, then opened the door to her room and saw her in tears.

"Kaykay,"

"What's wrong baby?"

"I pooped but it stil hurts a lot,"

"Maybe there's still more to come,"

"There can not be more. It's not cos I need a poo, it's different pain now,"

"Okay, well Calum is about to come. We will figure it out,"

He came in and switched the light on, reading her chart.

"What's up princess?"

"I am not constipated anymore, but I am in a lot of pain. I threw up,"

"Okay, show me where it hurts,"

She put his hand on the right side of her abdomen and he felt around, furrowing his eyebrows.

He took her temperature, then shone a torch into her eyes.

"It feels like fluid has built up,"

"I'm really hot,"

"We can open a window. This is gonna make you hate me, but was your poo a different colour? Maybe white?"

"No,"

"Okay,"

"What's wrong?" I asked, "Is she okay?"

"Look at her eyes," he said, "The whites of them, they're actually turning a bit yellow,"

"What does that mean?"

"Nothing for sure, do not panic yourself darling. We are gonna run some tests about your liver, that's all. Would it be okay for me to do an ultrasound?"