5

Isabelle

"So this is why mum made me take a photo without smiling," I said, studying my passport once we were out of security,  "This is not a good look,"

"Mine isn't either,"

"You still look pretty, that's not fair,"

"Izz, you are beautiful,"

I shrugged and looked around the airport, surprised to see so many shops and restaurants. This is not what I expected.

"I need the toilet,"

"Okay, go on then,"

Once I had peed, we wandered round the restaurants to read the menus, then picked one and got a table. There was plenty of time before our flight, which was then only a couple of hours long. Kaykay was right, we would be there by the night.

"What do you fancy? I might have the chicken burger,"

"Maybe the mac n cheese,"

"Sounds good. Ash will cook us a nice homemade meal tonight,"

"I just want a sandwich,"

"Okay, he can make a sandwich,"

"Don't expect me to spend all day with you two,"

"Sure, but we are also using some of our very limited holiday to get to know you,"

"You keep acting like a victim, a little bit. I never made you use your limited holiday," I mumbled, "Like I am a problem,"

"Sorry. I didn't mean to do that,"

"Okay, but you did,"

"All I wanted to do was emphasise how much getting to know you means to me,"

We ordered our food and she took my hand across the table, gently squeezing it. I think she thought restaurants were maybe a hard place for me, and that food was difficult. I mean, both could be true, but not for the reasons she thought.

At least I had her support though, I had appreciated that immensely. It was a nice change.

Our food came and she tucked into it, watching as I cooled mine down and took small bites.

"Is it me? Do you need to eat alone?"

"What?"

"Is that why you're struggling to eat?"

"I'm not struggling, I have a small appetite,"

"You can talk to me if anything is up, you know? As your older sister,"

"I know,"

"Even the hard stuff,"

"I know. I don't want to lose weight, Kaykay. I'd love to eat this whole bowl, but I get full, okay? Like a normal person gets full,"

"You get full quickly,"

"And?"

"Nothing," she smiled, "Eat as much as you can, okay?"

"Yeah,"

My stomach still hurt which put me off even more, but I managed about half the bowl and called it a day. She ordered a cake for us to share, though she ate most of it, then we grabbed out carry on bags and headed down to our gate.

I went to the toilet, then she did too, then I went again. Either my drink had gone straight through me, or I was nervous for the flight. Perhaps both.

"It's only a short flight,"

"Yeah,"

"You'll be okay," she said, wrapping her arm round me, "You can sleep if you want,"