44

Isabelle

Soon.

Luke had said I would see Kaykay soon.

But now I sat in the chemo room with Iza and Aimee, watching them get theirs, with no sign of Kaykay yet. Ashton had texted to say she was very upset and sore a couple of days, but we hadn't even facetimed.

I felt like I was about to scream.

"Izz, maybe its a good thing because it means Kaykay will get better quicker,"

"Yeah, I guess. I hate going through all the tests without her, I am sorry you go through that Aims,"

"I am so ready to be able to go a week without a scan," she sighed, "But I am getting better,"

"Good!"

"Same. I just had an eye test, apparently I need glasses now. Everytime I get better, I seem to get worse somewhere else,"

"I have a gut feeling that you are gonna get better now," Iza said, holding my hand, "You have got this far,"

"Yeah,"

"How is everyone feeling now?"

I looked at Aimee, who shrugged and looked down, then also shrugged and sighed.

"To be honest, I haven't really been able to think about it much with Kaykay getting hurt, and me having surgery,"

"That's fair. It's starting to get easier for me. What about you, Aims?"

"I miss him,"

"Me too," he said, "And it's hard,"

"I hate hospitals. I hate, hate, hate them,"

Carefully, I stood and gave her a hug, closing my eyes. I hoped she would be okay, I hated seeing her like this. It made me nauseous.

"Can you tell Ashton to come back? I don't like my new doctor,"

"Who is it?"

"No one you know,"

"I am gonna try and call him tonight, and get him to at least visit,"

"Thank you,"

"It will be okay,"

Someone knocked on the door of our room and I jumped, watching Lewis and Juliet come in. They smiled and both put gloves on, then took out both of their chemos.

"Iza, I have orders to take you up for a scan. I am Juliet,"

"Really?"

"Sucks to be you," I laughed.

"Maybe not. Maybe it's good news,"

"I am sure it will be," Juliet said, "We should get going,"

He hugged Aimee and I, then left. She looked distraught as she got sat in the wheelchair, and grabbed my hand tightly.

"Lewis is nice,"

"Make sure Ashton comes back,"

"I will try. Go and take a nap,"

"I am,"

I sat back down, waiting for Lewis to return for me. The clock ticking on the wall became really loud and obnoxious, and I bounced my knee.

Watching other people have chemo made me feel behind, even though my body wouldn't handle it. At the start, everyone had pressured me a lot about how I had left it so long, so now watching the doctors keep me behind made me worried.