15

Isabelle

My heart sunk.

"Izz,"

"Get off me, Luke,"

"Isabelle,"

"You've basically just said I'm dying,"

"No I haven't. You need to stop thinking about death, it's not a good perspective,"

"It's the only perspective. Leave me alone now, I am going to sleep,"

"No you are not. Me and you are going to watch tv together,"

"God no,"

"Absolutely,"

I began to unhook myself from the machines, and he slapped his hand over my picc line, pushing my hands away from it.

A bunch of people rushed in, including Sierra, stopping in their tracks when they saw me sat up.

"Izz, deep breaths,"

"Let me out of here!"

"Izz," Sierra said, "It'll be okay sunshine,"

"No!" I screamed, "I don't wanna die,"

Sierra restrained me, Luke gently rubbing my cheek with his finger as I sobbed and sobbed.

"Page Irwin,"

"I want Michael,"

"Michael?"

"I want Michael,"

"Scrap that, page Clifford-no, both,"

"Let go," I said through gritted teeth, "Sierra,"

"No,"

"Please,"

"No. You need to calm down,"

"Little Blaisdell, what is going on ay?" Michael said, "Give her space,"

"She ripped her wires off,"

"At least let me hold the restraint,"

He swapped with Sierra, barely holding me at all, but giving me a look that made me know I had to calm down.

"That's not the smartest thing to do,"

"I need to get out of here. I need to get home,"

"Can you take deep breaths for me?"

"I need a hug,"

"You can have a hug," he said, sitting on my bed, "You can always have a hug,"

I pressed my face into his scrubs and he rubbed my back, Ashton running into the room heavy-footed.

"Why are we all here?"

"We had to restrain her,"

"Isabelle, it's okay darling. It's okay,"

"I can't do this,"

"You can," he said, taking me into his own arms, "What's bugging you?"

"Everyone,"

"What did you say to her?"

"Nothing,"

"He got mad at Kaykay for promising I would be okay, and then she abandoned me like everyone else,"

"You will be okay if you follow everyone's instructions, which you haven't been doing, hence you feeling stressed and sick. I need you to lay down and watch some tv while we get you on some painkillers and figure out something you can eat," he said, gently lowering me until I was laying again.