10

Isabelle

"Hey princess," Ashton said, shutting the door behind him, "What's Kaykay cooking?"

"Thai curry,"

"Smells great ay? I am just gonna shower and change,"

He headed upstairs and I fiddled with my phone case as I sat at the table, swinging my legs. They had a high kitchen table which was quite fun.

As Kaykay was serving up the food, Ashton ran downstairs and hopped on the seat beside me. He engulfed me in his arms and placed a gentle kiss on my head, smiling.

"I think you have been super brave,"

"Don't go all cheesy,"

"I'm not! However I would like to make a promise,"

"What?"

"When you are well, I will take you and Kaykay on holiday to anywhere in the world. Any place you want to go,"

"New York?"

"Outside of America, anywhere,"

"Like... anywhere?"

"Anywhere. You don't have to decide now,"

"Why?"

"Well you are my sister in law, and you deserve it so much. None of this will be easy, but we will get our trip. I will start saving,"

"Trip?" Kaykay said, putting our plates down, "Is that a good idea? I need you here right now. Please,"

"Not now, after Izz is better,"

"Ah, where to?"

"That's for her to decide at the time,"

"You should go to... Paris,"

"It's Izz's choice, you chose the last holiday,"

"You guys go on lots of holidays then?"

"We don't really get much holiday time off work, but when we get it, we try to go. Sometimes we can get away with weekends away but usually we always have our pagers on the ready,"

"Doesn't that suck?"

"It's what we signed up for," Kaykay laughed, "And we love our jobs,"

"But what if I am sick, and home?"

"You're old enough to stay alone,"

"But what if I need a hug?"

"Oh sweetheart," Ashton said, sticking his bottom lip out, "Most weekends we don't need to go in because there are so many other talented doctors,"

"Okay, but I will always have you, right?"

"As long as I can be with you, yes,"

"I don't want lots of other doctors,"

"If I get sick then I cannot come near you, because the medicine makes your immune system super weak,"

"Does this medicine do anything good?"

"Well of course," Kaykay tut, "Of course it does,"

"Why do I have to have surgery if it shrinks it?"

"To stop it spreading for sure,"

"Oh,"

"Would you like to come to work with us tomorrow, and meet our friends properly ?"

"And sit where?"

"My office, with my laptop and a movie," Ashton smiled.

"Yes please,"

"Are you... gonna eat?"