40

Isabelle

I
Loved
Sleep.

So much.

So so so so so so so much.

Especially after surgery.

Sure, it could be disturbed, but I loved the feeling of finally getting sleep out of my own will.

And this sleep was particularly good, because I slept through the night and got to have a lie in.

"Good morning," Ashton sung, "Nice to see you awake,"

"How is Kaykay?"

"She is still upset, but last night we had a conversation, and I have you to thank for it,"

"Did you know she was pregnant?"

"No," he said, "But it was so early on that she wouldn't have told me regardless. That's not a problem,"

"I'm sorry that you lost your baby,"

"We will be okay,"

"You can... you can try again,"

"Yeah," he whispered, placing a kiss on my cheek, "We will eventually. How are you feeling?"

"Groggy, but I had a good sleep,"

"Well that's brilliant. I hope it's okay that I chose to stay with Kay, it's just that it's a tough, and,"-

"You don't have to apologise. Crystal doesn't snore,"

"I snore?"

"Just a little," I said, pinching my fingers, "It's very melodic, kind of sends me to sleep,"

"Huh, what can I say?"

"Can I see Kaykay?"

"Later this afternoon. You're getting a visit today, from Aimee. She's been begging to see you,"

"She has?"

"Yeah. This week has been tough, I had to shave off her hair,"

"I have so many hats, she can have one,"

"I think that would mean a lot to her, I really do. She needs someone to talk to, someone like you who knows what she is going through. It'll be nice to hang out for a little while," he said, "She is really scared,"

"I can relate,"

"Both of you will be okay,"

The door opened and Lewis poked his head in, then he opened it more and wheeled in Aimee. On her head was a pink beanie, and she was in joggers and a sweatshirt.

As he parked her by my bed, she reached out to me and I held her hand, smiling.

"I am so glad your surgery went well,"

"I hope I didn't scare you,"

"Well, I got Dr Hood to come and explain it to me. He said he was so confident that he was listening to music during the surgery,"

"Other than soreness, and grogginess, I feel okay. What about you?"

"Good- well, good-ish. Good considering I have cancer and just lost my hair, and my friend died and my mum always works to provide for us, so she can't be here, and I lost all my friends, and my body is swollen and,"-

"Aimee," Ashton said quietly, "Darling,"

"Sorry,"

"Maybe we can take things one at a time,"

"I know losing your hair sucks," I said, "And it feels weird, but we will get it back. Plus, you totally rock it,"

"Do I?"