35

Isabelle

I hit the nurses button again, rubbing my eyes frustratedly.

"Ms Blaisdell?"

"It hurts,"

"Someone is on their way, like I said 5 minutes ago. What can I do to help you in the mean time?"

I shrugged and looked at the wall, sighing as tears filled my eyes. Today was being tough on me.

"Mini Blaisdell, what's up?"

"Ugh,"

"I'm guessing that means you needed Cal, Luke, or Sierra,"

I turned my head to him and nodded, choking out a sob.

"Maybe I can help. Tell me whats up,"

"I am in so much pain,"

"Are the painkillers not working?"

"I don't get them anymore, they took me off them now,"

"Oh darling, you can get through this. I will get a heating pad, and you can watch youtube,"

"I have ulcers now,"

"On your cheek?"

"Tongue,"

I showed him and he stuck his lip out, getting me a heating pad out. I put it on my abdomen and he read my charts while we waited for someone else to come.

Kaykay nor Ashton had visited me today either, so everyone must be busy.

It felt like an hour, but it had probably been about 10 minutes by the time Calum came in. At first, he had a smile, but then his eyebrows furrowed and he tilted his head to the side.

"You shouldn't be in this much pain, I cleared you yesterday," he said, "Where does it hurt sunshine?"

"Here,"

"That's a bit vague, put my hand there,"

"No!"

"I'll be gentle,"

Scowling, I rested his hand were it hurt, letting him feel it despite how much I hated it.

"When was the last time you pooped?"

"What?"

"When was the last time you pooped?"

"My last chemo, not yesterday,"

"You need to poop," he chuckled, "Do you think you're close?"

"I'm not talking about my poop,"

"Well unfortunately, I am. It's normal, don't worry, but you do need to poop,"

He rummaged through a drawer and grabbed me a tablet, watching as I took it. He made me prove I had taken it, then grabbed his small torch and shone it at my tongue.

"Ulcers now huh?"

"Yeah,"

"Are you managing to brush your teeth?"

"I haven't yet today,"

"Okay, I will find you a kids toothbrush to use, and we will get you something to use as mouthwash. Make sure you keep drinking darling,"

I nodded and rubbed my eyes, Michael putting his arm around me.

"I want Kaykay, and Ashton,"

"I'll see where they are,"

Putting my full weight onto Michael, I held his hand and let out small sniffles, allowing myself to feel sorry about everything. Everything hurt.

Everything.