25

Kaykay

"How come you've just come out of surgery?" Ashton said, walking beside me as I walked out of the OR.

"Erm... a kid needed it?"

"Didn't you go and see Izz?"

"Yeah. Ash, don't worry, she told me today has been great, and said I could go to surgery,"

"No,no,no. Today has not been great for her, at all. She's really not okay,"

"What?"

"She literally started sobbing in the middle of me feeding her,"

"She seemed so happy,"

He smiled sympathetically and shook his head, picking up his files.

"Maybe go back and see her? Do not get mad, she is trying to go back to normal,"

"I know,"

He nodded and I headed back to her room, knocking on her door before stepping inside. She snapped her head up and smiled, but I pouted and perched on the side of her bed.

Slowly, she lowered her phone and bit her lip, looking down.

"I have heard it hasn't been such a good day,"

"Sorry,"

"Don't apologise, I just wanna know if you would like to talk?"

"Not really,"

"I know you haven't known me long, but I am qualified to give big sister advice,"

"I am having am emotional day," she sighed, "Thats all,"

"You deserve someone to talk to about that with, and that person can be me, or a professional,"

"It's just hard,"

"Yeah,"

"I want a hug, a proper hug,"

"I don't know if that's a good idea, sweetheart,"

"Please, let me lay in your arms,"

I balanced myself on the thin part of the bed left, helping her put her weight on my body. Gently, I kissed her head and shut my eyes, feeling my scrubs begin to get wet.

Knowing she didn't know what to say, I simply comforted her and took deep breaths, keeping her close. I had been so afraid of losing her, but I didn't quite realise how incredible a hug would feel.

"Ashton is amazing,"

"That's why I married him,"

"I love him, a lot,"

"Hearing that makes me so happy. I was so worried that you wouldn't want to get along with him!"

"He makes me feel so safe. And so do you,"

"Good,"

"Never leave me," she said, her tome changing.

"I wouldn't dream of it,"

"Am I as bad as mum and dad make out to be?"

"You're not bad at all,"

"Okay," she sniffed, "When do you finish work?"

"About an hour,"

"Okay. I ate a slice of pizza today,"

"That's amazing!"

"Are you staying tonight?"

"I can do, it was supposed to be Sierra. Michael is staying tomorrow, don't let him turn it into a whole sleepover, you need sleep,"