28

Isabelle

"Pizza party is on! This Saturday, but you're going to be outpatient by then so no more wires. It will be more glamorous than this meal right now,"

"I am coming home this weekend?"

"Hell yeah," Ashton smiled, "I can't wait,"

"What time is it?"

"2pm. Your sleep schedule is messed up,"

"You kept me up all night," Luke yawned, ruffling my hair which resulted in more coming out, "Sorry,"

"Can we just.. can't we shave it off?"

"Of course we can, if that is what you want?"

"I would like Michael to do it because he does it for his surgeries all the time, so I trust him the most,"

"We can see when he can come, Kaykay too," Ashton said, kissing my head.

"Luke,"

"Mhm?"

"You're still holding my hair,"

"Oh- right, yeah. How are you feeling today?"

"Okay, better than yesterday,"

"Any pain?"

"Only the usual, perhaps a little more,"

"Okie dokie, well I think you should be okay for school, but Calum is the head decision maker for that. Shall I see when Mike is free?"

"Please," Ash said, finishing up my feeding while Luke left, "I think it will be one less worry,"

He looked me in the eyes and I smiled weakly, but he saw straight past and hugged me. He kissed my cheek and then booped my nose, and pulled out a beanie from beside him.

"You can wear this after, it suits you. It's me and you tonight as well, I propose a photoshoot,"

"I get what you're trying to do but I am not in the mood," I said quietly, "Sorry,"

"That's okay,"

"I do feel better in my own pyjamas though,"

"Good, we will get you some more soon. I tell you what, if you think you can stand long enough, I will let you have a shower. I'm sure that will make you feel much better,"

"It's been a while,"

"That's not your fault,"

"Shave my head first, I can't deal with it falling out in there,"

"Michael will come when he is free," Luke said as he returned, "You need to keep your heart rate down,"

"It's not that easy,"

"Remember, these hands, they're just like yours,"

Holding one of his own out, I took it and then sighed, looking down. Everything I had said to Luke seemed to be rude, and I definitely blamed a lot on him that I probably shouldn't.

All he was trying to do was help me.

"The counsellor is coming for another chat tomorrow, just so you can talk to someone about your feelings," Ash said, "I think it will be good, and we can even take you to my office so you get out of this room," 

"Thankyou,"

"Hey," Luke said, putting his other hand on mine, "That heart rate is still going up,"

I looked at him with a quivering lip and he looked to Ash, who tried hugging me. It didn't work that well, so he took his shoes off and climbed into my bed, holding me to his side.