❃ skyscraper

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒆

Christmas at the Manor was magical.

The dark rooms and walls suddenly illuminated with hues of red, green and purple, white lights lining every staircase, hallway and Christmas tree. Even our bedrooms had been illuminated, rainbow colored lights wrapping around the headboards and bed frame.

House elves had strung up wreaths on every frosted glass window. The once blackened Manor was brought to life during the Holiday season.

We spent the morning eating pancakes on the living room couches, the crackling fireplace warming my cold hands and toes as I sat in my fleece pajama pants and Draco's t-shirt.

"Three more trees to go and we'll be done, sorry we did most of it without you May. With our dark marks decorating took double the time," Pansy exclaimed.

"Yeah, I'm sure as hell still sore. How are you feeling?" Theo asked.

"Tired, but I'll be alright," I snuggled further into Draco's chest, his arm wrapped around my waist.

Nobody asked any questions about the two of us. They were afraid Draco would lash out and get defensive, pushing me away.

His grip grew immensely tighter as my Father and the others strode through the hallway into the kitchen. He sent me a sharp glance and a creepy smile before he continued walking.

My hand found it's way to Draco's.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead.

"Only thirteen more days."

Bella guarded every door as our group walked throughout the Manor, stringing up the last few lights and placing ornaments on the remaining trees.

Lunch consisted of bagels and cream cheese with fruit salad, afterwards helping Narcissa bake in the kitchen for tonight's feast. Christmas morning would consist only of a brunch, leaving us alone to find dinner while the parents got drunk in celebration.

By the time we had finished decorating it was 4PM, an hour away from dinner. We spent the last of our time outside, throwing snowballs and screaming in the cold as snowflakes fell softly to the ground from the neutral clouds above.

We were called inside, forced into formal clothing then sat down at the dining room table for dinner.

The attendance list included the following:

Lucius Malfoy
Narcissa Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Gideon Nott
Theodora Nott
Theodore Nott

Perseus Cliffdane
Safire Cliffdane
Maybelle Cliffdane

William Greengrass
Chanel Greengrass
Daphne Greengrass
Astoria Greengrass

Zara Zabini
Blaise Zabini
Naevah Zabini

In order from husband to wife to offspring, from oldest to youngest.

Draco took my arm as we all walked into the hall, the dining room graced with garland, green lace ribbons and lights, the smell of ham and pine filling my nostrils.

My Father was already sat at the table with the adults.

I'd worn a long sleeve black dress that went down to my heels, covering nearly every inch of my body, a large silver necklace covering my chest.