❃ don't cry

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒆

"Draco," I ran into his arms, wrapping my arms around his broad torso as tears began to stream down my cheeks.

"Hi my love," he began to pull away, but I held him closer.

"I don't want to let go,"

"I know, but we don't have time," he took a vial from his suit pocket, "you need to drink this,"

"Why-"

"It's a calming draught. Your Father has been released to fight in the war,"

"No, no-"

"Flower, this war is going to be loud, and destructive, and one hell of a lot of people are going to die. I can't have you breaking down in the middle of the battlefield, I need you sane. Death eaters or The Order won't be showing any mercy; we're stuck in the middle."

"Okay," I took the vial from his hands, gulping it down.

"I need you by my side the entire time, okay?" He cupped my cheeks with his hands, wiping my tears. "You can't run off by yourself. I need to know that you're safe,"

"Mhm,"

"Where are we going first?" Blaise asked, hand in hand with Daph.

"To get my wand back from Potter."

We began to stalk through the corridors, shooting spells at anyone who got in our way, searching for a sign of the boy who lived.

Students screamed as death eaters stormed inside, catching sight of Potter as we chased after him, the ceiling crumbling to the ground overhead.

"Shit, shit, shit," Daph whined, a large bloodied cut from her temple to her left cheekbone gracing her face where a piece of concrete had torn into her skin.

"I can fix it later, don't worry too much about it, I promise," I assured her as we entered the room of requirement.

"Well, well. What brings you here, Potter?" Draco spoke, him and Blaise pointing their wands at Harry.

I stared at him intently as he rummaged through a box of junk, turning his attention to the four of us now standing in front of him.

"I could ask you the same. Maybe come to beat me up for talking to your girlfriend?" He spoke calmly, his eyes meeting mine.

"If that were so you'd already be dead," Draco seethed, "fortunately enough for you, it's not. You have something of mine. I'd like it back."

"Well, what's wrong with the one you have?"

"It's my Mother's. It's powerful, but it's not the same. It doesn't quite.. understand me. Know what I mean?"

"Why didn't you tell her? Bellatrix. You knew it was me, you didn't say anything," Potter ignored his question.

"Go on, Draco, disarm him. He's being a bitch, let's get your wand and go," Blaise huffed.

Even so Draco's demeanor began to soften.

"Expelliarmus," Hermione shouted, seemingly appearing out of thin air, Blaise's wand flying from his hands as we all hid behind a tower of furniture.

"Stupefy!" Draco seethed back, peeking out from the side, hitting Granger as she fell back onto the floor.

"That's my girlfriend you numpties!" Ron chased after us, not before Goyle emerged in the door, armed with his wand.