❃ bedrest

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒆

January passed. So did February.

Everything had begun to settle in, but a sense of worrisome had taken over the castle.

News on Potter's whereabouts, and other news regarding The Dark Lord was quiet. Too quiet.

Plotting was occurring in the shadows, from both sides of the war everyone seemed to presume. It was the quiet before the storm.

Narcissa had pulled us out of school for Easter break early; The Dark Lord had begun his plot against Hogwarts and she didn't want us anywhere near or inside the castle. We were picked up by Thestral at the top of the astronomy tower, Snape waving us off as we flew back to the Manor.

No attacks against Order safe houses were to happen; this was a period for scheming. Preparing.

I'd spent nearly every day in the medication room, helping Mulciber brew potions and balms for the upcoming war. I was an advanced healer, at this point. I could brew the most difficult potions, so long as I had the ingredients. I no longer needed assistance, I was exceptional.

I jumped as I heard a loud snap of apparation outside, the front door being banged on by someone's large fist.

I opened the door, Mulciber still at his desk mulling over a fresh batch of wiggenweld potion.

When I peeked my eye out, Lucius Malfoy was seen guiding snatchers into the dining room, along with three captors tied up in beige, soiled ropes. Two of them were Ron and Hermione, the other's face deformed after having clearly been hit with a stinging jinx. His eyes were nearly swollen completely shut, his lips unnaturally plump as his cheeks began to puff in shades of crimson.

His eyes caught mine as he was pushed towards Bellatrix.

"May," she motioned for me to come out from behind the door. "Get Draco, will you?"

I quickly nodded, Potter staring as I swiftly ran up the stairs towards Draco's room.

"Draco, you're needed downstairs," I panted, having just sprinted up two levels of stairs.

"Why? Is something wrong?" he put down his book, standing from his bed.

"They've caught Potter, Weasley and Granger, they're in the living room," I said nervously, taking his hand as we returned to where they were being held.

Potter groaned as Bellatrix grasped his hair, forcing his face upwards as Draco and I stared at him.

"So?" Bella smiled, poking her wand at Harry's swollen cheek, a glint of anger in his eyes as he saw Draco and I's hands intertwined.

"I can't be sure," Draco answered dryly.

I almost looked at him in surprise; he had no reason not to give him away.

"Draco, look closely son," Lucius whispered, placing his hand harshly over the back of Draco's neck. "If we were the ones to hand Potter over to The Dark Lord, everything would be forgiven, all--all would be as it was," he continued to coax him, pushing me out of his grasp to place a hand over his shoulder.

"Now we won't be forgetting who actually caught him, I hope, Mr. Malfoy-" the snatcher began, but was abruptly cut off.

"How dare you talk like that to me like that in my own house," he growled loudly, causing me to flinch backwards as Draco's eyes met mine.

"Lucius, please," Narcissa took his arm, looking at me apologetically as she dragged him backwards, Draco reintertwining his hand with mine, pulling me just a little bit closer than I was before.