❃ promise

updated this chapter bc I didn't like it lmao

*VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED*

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒆

Christmas Eve was spent as the last eighteen years of my life had been. Sleep in, dinner, the parents get drunk, the kids go off doing whatever the hell they want.

Despite the reoccurrences, Draco and I had begun a tradition of our own.

"Are you ready?" he took my hands in his, kissing my forehead.

I nodded, and we apparated into that same alley we had last year. He conjured us skates, and we walked out towards the Rockefeller Center ice skating rink. The tree was decorated as it had been before, standing in all it's glory as it illuminated the surrounding buildings.

"I assume you haven't practiced your balancing skills," he chuckled, kneeling down to lace my snow-white skates.

"I have not, so be prepared to catch me when I fall over," I took his hand in mine, and we hopped onto the ice.

"You're better than last time," he glided a hand through his hair, that same tinge of pink returning as the cold bit his cheeks.

"Says the one skating backwards," I smiled, pulling my hat over my ears.

"How about this?" He suddenly pulled me forward, my body bumping into his chest as he pulled me into a soft kiss, his leather gloves warming my cheeks as he held me close.

"Come," he said, leading me off the ice. "I want to show you something."

I replaced my skates with sneakers, and he walked me into the city streets.

"Draco, why are we at a Swarovski?" I rolled my eyes, staring up at him.

"I have a present for you,"

"Draco, you need to stop buying me things-"

"I'm not gonna stop buying you jack shit,"

"Draco, I'm serious you don't have to-"

"Flower," he placed a finger over my lips, "stop fucking talking and let me buy you something," he said sternly.

"You're annoying."

"And you love it," he led me into the warmed store, talking with the man at the counter. He stepped into the back room, bringing out a small black box with a green ribbon, handing it to Draco. He thanked the man and took me back outside, soft snow beginning to float to the ground.

"Draco it's cold," I shivered, as he placed the box in my hands.

"Open it."

I unwrapped the bow, placing it in my pocket.

"It's beautiful," I flipped open the box to a silver necklace, a green quartz gem sitting in the center of the silver plated frame.

"I figured you might like it," he smiled nervously, "would you like me to put it on?"

I nodded, pulling my hair into a pony tail. He linked it around my neck, the cut jewel sitting snug in between my collarbones.

"It looks great on you,"  he warmed my hands in his, "then again you look amazing in everything I buy you," he smirked.

"Thank you, Draco. I love it," I laughed, standing on my tip toes to give him a kiss on the cheek.

"You really are cold, let's get you home," we apparated, landing back in his room in the exact spot we left.