❃ unforgettable

𝑵𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗

"This is a gift you should give to the headmaster. It's mead laced with licorice and cherry, from my Mother, of course. Hand crafted blend," Draco handed the bottle to the Professor, a fake smile plastered on his face.

"Why thank you my boy, I've been wondering if I should give him a gift of some sort for gracing me with a slightly larger office," Slughorn chuckled, taking the bottle from the blonde boy's hands. Draco laughed along nervously with the Professor. "Although, if I may ask, where did this sense of kindness come from? Don't see a lot of it nowadays,"

Draco cracked his neck.

"As you've said, there's not a lot of it nowadays. I do what I can," the boy smiled, Slughorn thanking him as he walked out his office door, leaving it slightly ajar.

"Obliviate," Draco whispered, his wand jutting through the crack as the Professor turned around, placing the gift on his shelf.

Draco left him only with the knowledge that the mead was a gift for Professor Dumbledore. Not how it had reached him, nor who had delivered it to him.

Nearly a week later, Maybelle and Draco were walking hand in hand to breakfast, passing by the hospital wing.

"Draco, what's going on in there?" she asked, slowing in front of the door.

Albus Dumbledore, Minerva McGonagall, Severus Snape and Madam Pomfrey were all standing around one of the hospital beds, along with Granger, the Weasley girl and the infamous Harry Potter.

"No idea," he said dryly, taking her arm as to continue her forward, but she stood her ground.

"Excuse me," she waved down an assistant, "what happened?"

"A boy's just been poisoned," she answered quietly, placing medication on a side table of another patient.

"It's ridiculous what happens every day in this God forsaken school, am I right?" Maybelle rolled her eyes, unsurprised.

The assistant gave her a brief laugh and smile. "I really should be back to work, but yes. It's ridiculous," she waved, Draco and May continuing to walk down the hallway.

"What was that?" Draco whispered, holding her close as they walked past a herd of Gryffindor students.

"I was only curious," she answered, brushing her hair back with her free hand.

"Potter had his eye you," he snarled in anger.

"Stop with the jealousy, Draco," she laughed, "I'm yours. You know that," she gave him a soft, reassuring smile.

His anger melted, giving her a small kiss on the temple before they continued on.

Four days later, Theodore and Draco were on their way to the room of requirement, at the grand hour of six in the morning.

Draco had left his usual note with a piece of toast on his nightstand, placing kisses on both of her temples, then sitting back and admiring her for a mere minute as the sun began to rise, the swaying of the black lake's water reflecting through his glass windows. They illuminated her like a goddess, her black hair turning three shades lighter in the sunrise.

He pulled the white linen sheets over the curves of her body so she wouldn't freeze, placing one more kiss on the tip of her nose before turning out the door, shutting it gently, meeting Theodore in the common room.

The both of them shut their eyes, the walls exposing an iron door which led them inside the room of requirement.

Little did they know the boy who lived was snooping; turning his feet mere seconds too late to reveal only a blank, brick wall, the two Slytherin boys nowhere to be seen.