❃ stabbed

Y'all ask for it so I deliver. HERE WE GOOOOOO!!!!!

pls star because I'm giving you an extra chapter ❤️ you're welcome

𝑵𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗

Soft rays of sunlight bore through the dark green window curtains, warming her cheek as she lay on the mattress on the floor.

Draco still sat on the ground next to a freshly brewed cup of coffee, having filed each paper neatly into three categories: extremely influential, insignificant, and possibly useful towards the investigation.

"Morning sunshine," he exclaimed, taking a sip of his coffee as she stretched awake, burying her body back under the covers.

"Mind if I have a cup?" she pointed to his mug, combing out her morning hair with a quick wave of her wand.

"Go for it, but you'd have to go to Blair for cream and sugar. I don't take you as someone who likes your roast straight."

"Alright," she stood with a groan, taking a mug from his cupboard before striding towards the door.

"Hey, Cliffdane,"

She turned, "yes?"

"Selcouth told me to give you these. Brought em' in while you were asleep," he handed her a gun and badge from his desk, "forgot to give them to you yesterday."

"Thanks, just-keep them in here for now, I'll be back in a minute,"

She shut the door behind her, leaving him once again, alone.

He turned on the radio that sat on his desk, staring at the picture frame that sat right in front of his computer; him and his son.

She hadn't been wrong. He didn't love his wife. He loved his son. That was the only good thing that came from his marriage with Astoria. She was always distant from him; sex only to bear children and occasionally when he was angry.

He'd never hit a woman, of course. He might've been raised that way, but something in his heart never let him.

His entire marriage was built on sin; and yet he felt no guilt.

He had cheated. Multiple times. Not to purposefully be a dick, only to try to feel something. He felt nothing; nothing with Astoria, nothing with anyone else. At first he'd thought it was his wife's fault. Then, woman after woman, he realized it was himself.

Much to his dismay, he had to consult with a doctor to get a lust potion to be able to bear Astoria his children. He hated admitting it-Draco thought there was something wrong with himself-but he couldn't come. Or say, nobody could make him come. He had to do it himself.

He tried over and over again to feel something. Anything.

Yet somehow, the woman who had joined his unit team merely 36 hours ago had managed to make him feel more than he'd ever felt in his marriage of two years.

Something about her was incredibly nostalgic, as though he'd known her before.

He knew it wasn't love at first sight, exactly. It felt more like.. a sense of familiarity.