❃ unbreakable vow

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒆

"Nice outfit, Weasley," Theo shouted from our table as he walked in wearing a brown strapped cap, Gryffindor quidditch sweater and tight trousers.

"Quidditch uniforms always look better on Slytherin boys," Daphne said, looking at Blaise.

"Thanks for that," he answered slyly, planting a kiss on her cheek.

Draco had arrived twenty minutes late, per usual.

"I wish you could've played this year, Draco. I know how much you loved being seeker," I sighed, taking another bite of my breakfast, making sure the others weren't paying attention as I talked to him. They still didn't know we'd made up.

"At least I can sit and watch Blaise with you," he said quietly, giving me a small smile.

He truly missed quidditch. It was a part of him.

He hadn't touched his food, either.

"Hey, eat. You'll feel better," I smiled.

"Don't quote Lupin, that's what he told you after your boggart-"

"I'm being serious, Draco."

He shook his head, taking a small bite of toast.

We made our way to the quidditch pitch, taking our seats as Blaise stood in the field with the rest of the team. The match swiftly began, snow falling softly to the grounds as the quaffle was thrown into the air.

"Yeah, Blaise!!" We all screamed as he caught it, watching as it made it's way through the Slytherin team, headed straight for the goal; but Weasley blocked it.

And he blocked it well.

"I thought you said he was shit when you watched tryouts, Theo?" Daph huffed, adjusting her coat.

"He was! He could barely hold on to the bloody broomstick,"

"Good job jinxing us, Theo," I rolled my eyes, the stands full of Gryffindors roaring as they made shot after shot, Weasley defending their goals almost perfectly.

Too perfectly.

"We're fifty to nothing, this is absolute bullshit," Pansy yelled, "Why stand out here in the freezing cold to watch us fucking lose?"

I huddled against Draco as the game continued, the gusts of cold wind making me shiver.

"Are you cold?" he whispered down at me.

"Just a little bit," I smiled softly, watching another Slytherin goal get intercepted.

"Come here,"

"But I thought-"

"Just- come here," he stood behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist as he inserted his hands into my coat pockets.

"Better?" he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Much better," I smiled softly, "although I didn't really expect you to be much of a person for public display of affection."

"Oh please, nobody's paying any attention. Besides, your cold. I'm not gonna let you freeze to bloody death."

The game ended when Potter caught the snitch. We'd lost.

I slept in Draco's room that night.

We didn't do anything.

He just held me.

I was so exhausted.

I think the fear that my Father might be back by Christmas break was weighing me down. Even the screams of the crowd at the quidditch match were too overwhelming. I much preferred Draco's quiet snores as his thumb absentmindedly drew circles on my back, sending me into a peaceful sleep.