❃ mirror of erised

𝑵𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗

Crack.

Lucius had apparated with the others, leaving the poor girl alone.

Her screams were so heartbreaking people began to tear up as they watched from the great hall's shattered, open windows.

"No, no, no,"

"May? May, what happened?" Theo sprinted out to the main corridor, George right on his feet as she crumbled to the ground, collapsing onto the floor beneath her.

"What did I do to d-deserve this?" She sobbed, "have-have I not h-helped people this entire war? Have I not-not watched everyone, everyone I love get torn away from me?" Her hands grasped at the rubble, shards of glass and concrete and imprinting themselves into her palms, making them bleed.

"What happened?" Theo attempted asking her again, but was only met by a sharp wail.

"He promised-he-he promised he wouldn't leave me, he promised," she sobbed, clawing at his feet, "I DON'T HAVE ANYONE ELSE," she screamed, shaking in exasperation.

"He-he promised, Theo, he promised, he-he said-"

"May, I need you to breathe,"

"YOU SOUND EXACTLY LIKE HIM," she screamed at Theodore, drowning in a puddle of her own tears.

The ocean wave had captured her.

Theo gave up, sitting down next to the girl as she climbed into his lap, sobbing into his jacket.

"He c-called me a mudblood," she wailed, gasping for breath as her nails left a tear in his jacket.

"May, I don't understand," Theo said softly, wrapping his arms around the shaking girl.

If only he could read her mind, he would know Draco had upheld his promise, that Friday night in sixth year. He hadn't called her a mudblood in nearly two years.

"They left without me," she wailed, "Lucius, he-" she broke into another fit of tears.

"May, please breathe, you're going to have a bloody heart attack," Theo hugged her to his chest, allowing her tears to soak his jacket.

"He's the o-only one who-who can calm me down," she blubbered, "I-I can't-" she whimpered out, curling up in a ball, bloodied hands wrapped around her scraped knees.

Theodore's heart broke as he put her broken words together, into one large puzzle with multiple missing pieces.

"Lucius... did he obliviate Draco..?"

His fear was confirmed as another shrilling scream cut through the otherwise silent air. Multiple sobs followed afterwards, choking on her own spit as she doubled over, throwing up into the rubble.

The last thing she remembered was Mulciber forcing a sleeping draught down her throat.

............

She woke up to familiarity.

A familiar room.

A familiar scent.

Familiar bedsheets.

For a moment she thought she'd been dreaming.

Then the harsh reality of her lover's absence hit her in the gut.

Her throat was raw, painful to even breathe from. Her chapped lips tasted of blood as she licked them clean, a bandage wrapped around the burnt flesh on her bicep where she'd been burned from the flames. The burn paste was still healing.