❃ agent

Hey y'all 😘 enjoy this chapter I already know y'all are gonna love this oml. Don't forget to vote teehee

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒆

Stepping into the Ministry for the first time in two years was nothing less than intimidating.

A lone woman, twenty years old with my beige coat and dark purple purse, hair curled the way I had the past eight years.

Whispers spread through the halls like wildfire, my heels clicking along the green tiles as I made my way to the elevators, up to the Healing Department's Special Victims Unit.

Three knocks to the stained black wooden door, and I was greeted by a tall man in a black suit.

"Unit Chief Henry Selcouth, it's great to meet you," he smiled, his handshake firm as I was led into his office. "Take a seat."

Tugging down at my sleeve, I sat in a chair across from his desk.

"I've heard amazing things about you and your team," he exclaimed, taking a sip from a mug of coffee.

"Thank you,"

"Over three hundred cases solved in under two years. Impressive,"

"We try our best,"

"Most impressive unit in all of MACAUSA's history. That's an accomplishment."

"Thank you, sir."

"Are you settling back into London well?"

"I'd like to think so," I smiled, "I moved into my apartment, my daughter is set up with a caretaker and I'm settling in nicely."

"Great," he sighed, checking his phone. "I'd love to continue conversing, but we've just gotten an important notice. I'll introduce you to the team, yeah?"

He placed his mug down on the table, motioning for me to follow him back into the hallway.

"You know, I hear you talking, but I still don't have my damn coffee," a voice exclaimed angrily from down the hall, the office door slightly ajar.

A small female voice was heard from inside, "I'm sorry sir, I can fix you another one right away-"

"All you ever do is screw things over, you know that? You're fired. Pack your shit and go,"

"But Sir, I-"

"Get out of my sight."

The woman scurried out with her bags, tears streaming down her cheeks as she stormed down the hallway out of sight.

"You're one of my best agents, but you really are a prick," Selcouth yelled through the door. "We've got a big case, get your ass out of your office,"

"I'll be out in a damn second."

"Yeah, you better," Selcouth shut the door, and continued walking. "Sorry about him. Excuse my language, but he's a real dickhead,"

"It's alright, I've dealt with a lot of men with anger issues in my life," I chuckled, entering the business room where the other agents were already sitting, papers ready.

"Maybelle, meet Agent Blair Loredana, our hostage negotiator," she was petit with a pink blouse and black pants, her blonde locks pinned into a messy bun behind her head, giving me a small nod.

"Agent Lina Saoirse, our computer analyst," he motioned to a girl with light green eyes, dark skin with golden accents in her box braids, matching bracelets around her wrists as she gave me a soft wave and smile.