❃ calming draught

The Ministry of Magic had officially fallen by August first. That included my Father returning from St. Mungo's.

My lessons with Mulciber were going surprisingly well; Bella had handpicked him for my training herself.

He was incredibly intelligent, telling me stories of places he's traveled around the world as I practiced the spells he taught me. We'd begun to work on balms and pastes at this point. He said he'd teach me the basics of potions as well, that way I had a basic knowledge of what Snape was going to teach me during the school year.

His personality was very sarcastic and enjoyable. I see why Bella liked him. He told me of his times at Hogwarts, his friends, the pranks he'd play on classmates. He definitely would've gotten along with the twins.

It's unfortunate they're in The Order.

"Alright, we're all set up," he exclaimed, potions with labels lined up on the table, a mattress ready on the floor.

Today a group of death eaters were to attack an Order safe house. Draco and Blaise would be amongst them.

Draco was scared, but knew it was necessary.

Mulciber wanted me to try healing someone on my own, without instruction. That he'd be the assistant, instead of me.

"Working in high pressure situations to save someone you love is exactly the kind of practice you're going to need for this war. This is an opportunity to prove your skill to me. I know you're capable," he exclaimed, laying a blanket down over the mattress.

"And you'll be there if I fuck something up?"

He chuckled. "I promise," he patted my shoulder.

I'd nearly fallen asleep when the first crack of apparation appeared in the room we'd set up for medical attention.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"His arm got hit by a diffindo charm, sliced it down the middle. He's lost a lot of blood," the other death eater panted, placing the injured man down on the mattress.

"Hand me a bottle of blood replenishing potion along with some wound cleaning liquid, it looks as though it's cut to the bone. Do you have any essence of dittany?"

"I do," he handed me each ingredient, shining a lumos charm over me so I could work.

Firstly I dabbled the antiseptic over his wounds, jerking him awake as he groaned in pain.

"Give him some sleeping draught, I can't work when he's moving." Mulciber did as I said.

Once the wound was clean I squirted a few drops of essence of dittany over his arm, stitching the rest of the wound closed with a needle and thread.

"Are you sure you haven't done this before? You're a bloody natural," Mulciber exclaimed as I poured a blood replenishing potion down the death eater's throat.

"I haven't."

"Impressive," he exclaimed, "I'll move this one to a free bedroom. Keep watch," he picked up the man's body with ease, carrying him out the door.

Barely thirty seconds passed before another body was apparated inside.

"Oh my god," I whimpered, his sobs all too familiar. The death eater placed Draco down on the mattress before immediately apparating away.

"Draco you need to tell me what happened so I can fix it," I held his hand tightly.

"Everything hurts, Flower, they made me-they made me torture-"