❃ good wife

Short but important chapter! Keep in mind they've known each other since they were practically born while you're reading this. This book starts in sixth year so I know it's difficult to remember that sometimes. Enjoy!

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒆

Each of us had received a letter with the exact same concept, all sitting on the rug in Theo's and Blaise's dormitory.

Maybelle, sent 11/8/96

All seven of you will be returning to Malfoy Manor for Christmas break. I can't spare you all the details. You'll hear more from us when you arrive. Please bring presentable clothes when you arrive. People will be waiting for you. Please enjoy your last couple of weeks. I'll see you soon, my darling girl!

- Bella received 11/14/96

"Something feels off about this," I huffed, placing my letter on the floor.

"Who are the people waiting for us?" Pansy asked, a cigarette between her teeth.

"Death eaters."

This was the first time Draco had spoken all evening.

"Excuse me?" Daph's eyes grew.

"I have a lot to tell you guys."

He explained a cabinet in the room of requirement, his task to kill Dumbledore, a plan to break old death eaters out of Azkaban, and Voldemort's return. Most importantly, he told us nobody was to take this out of this room.

"What if they break my Dad out?" I whimpered, my body shrinking. It felt as though the walls were collapsing in on me, not allowing me to breathe.

"They won't. Not to you. I won't let them," Draco exclaimed sternly, making direct eye contact as concern began to wash over his face.

"Since when did you have authority over that kind of shit? Why do you even care?" I muttered, staring at his unreadable expression.

He didn't answer.

"Yikes," Theo whispered, taking another swig of firewhiskey.

"Can you lot leave for a second?" Draco asked, motioning for me to stay where I sat.

"As long as you don't shag on my bed, then yes, let's go," Theo tugged everyone away, shutting the door behind him.

"What do you want?" I stood up, making my way to where Draco was standing.

"I want to apologize," he said quietly, sitting down on Blaise's bed.

"Who are you and what have you done with Draco Malfoy," I joked, but his face remained serious, taking my hands in his.

"I don't regret it. Not one bit," he whispered, staring up into my eyes.

"Then why'd you leave?"

"Snape and I go to fix the cabinet in the morning. It's the only available time slot he had. I didn't want to leave you, that's a promise. Can you forgive me?" he pleaded, squeezing my hands.