❃ the black lake

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒆

Draco only had to serve two detentions for beating up Potter.

Potter hadn't spoken to me since.

Draco purchased me watercolors, canvases and acrylic paints.

January passed quickly, little to no progress being made on the cabinet that Draco told me of. He'd go every morning, come late to breakfast, and our day would continue as usual, until night hit that is.

Draco found himself trying to console me whenever the dark mark on both our arms began to throb in pain. Despite the invisibility charms we used the discomfort still remained.

It was dark magic. There was no remedy.

Draco was stronger than me; he had learned to internalize it. Show less emotion, pretend it didn't hurt as much as it truly did.

Perhaps I'd be that strong one day with practice.

Or perhaps he tried to stay strong for me.

Either reasons wasn't fair; we were only children. The thing that sat boiling in the blood on my forearm wasn't just annoying, it was absolutely dreadful.

Today is Valentine's Day. I hate Valentine's Day.

However, a small part of me felt a little bit excited this year.

"So, what are you and Daph doing for vomit-ine's day?" Pansy asked Blaise, picking at her scrambled eggs.

"Probably shagging," Draco chuckled.

"Could say the same for you, mate," Theo exclaimed.

We all looked at him in surprise. He hadn't cracked a joke the entire month. He hadn't really talked at all lately.

George broke up with him over letter after the incident at the Burrow. George said it wasn't safe. I knew George could never blame Theo for what happened. Long distance is hard. Especially when it's an order member and a death eater. Theo had gone quiet ever since, only speaking when spoken to.

"I mean, you're not wrong," Blaise nudged Draco's arm.

"Blegh, I don't want to hear about my brother's sex life," Naevah fake vomited.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you've given Neville head. Is he a bottom?" Daph butted in, placing her fork and knife back down on her napkin.

"You're being ridiculous-"

"Oh my god Navs, you totally have," my mouth gaped, "thank you for giving the poor boy some action, he's probably bloody ecstatic," I chuckled.

"Shut up, you're being loud," she seethed.

"Gryffindor table is all the way over there, I can yell it to him if you'd like," Pansy laughed at her, "look, I see him over there, Longbottom! Longbottom!" she began to thrash her hands in the air, trying to wave him over.

"Sit down, are you trying to cut your weed supply?" Naevah took her arm, forcing her back into her chair before giving Neville an apologetic smile.

"The second hand embarrassment I'm feeling right now is absolutely astounding Pansy, you've got the whole bloody dining hall staring at you," Draco seethed.

"It's not my fault everyone loves me," she blew her bangs from her eyes with a puff of air.

The day passed by as usual; Draco and I flirting through potions, ignoring Potter, sitting through defense against the dark arts with Draco's hand wrapped around my thigh underneath the desk, ignoring Potter, snoring on Daphne through history of magic, ignoring Potter, eating lunch while doing homework, ignoring Potter, failing herbology, ignoring Potter.

It was nearly nightfall when Draco knocked on my dormitory door.

"Are you ready?" he held out a hand, and I took it.

"As I'll ever be."

We began to sneak through the halls, making our way to the black lake. I could see my breath as we trudged to the water's edge, Draco casting a warming charm over both us and the water as we slipped our clothing off, leaving Draco in a pair of swimming shorts, me in a black bikini.

"It's strange being able to see my breath while not feeling cold," I exclaimed, taking his hand as we walked into the water, steam rolling off the small ripples we created on the surface.

"I've wanted you all day," he mumbled into my neck, his hands slowly caressing my body as we floated in the heated lake, fingers nipping at the sides of my bathing suit bottoms.

"Draco?"

"Mhm?" he hummed, sucking on my collarbone.

"Do whatever you want to me."

He smirked as his eyes met mine, immediately straddling my legs around his waist. I could feel him hardening underneath my hips, a small knot forming in the pit of my stomach.

"It's a shame we're swimming, I can't feel how soaked you are for me," he said, leaning into the crook of my neck as he continued to mark me as his.

I could only whimper as he took one hand off of my back, using the other to continue to hold me up. His free hand began to gently rub in circles over my bikini bottoms, small whimpers leaving my lips as he pushed them to the side, sliding his fingers inside of me. A moan of pleasure escaped my lips, but he silenced me with a kiss.

"Stay quiet for me, love. We don't want anyone hearing how good of a slut you are for me, do we?" I nodded as his fingers continued to pump in and out of me, stifling my moans by biting my bottom lip.

As he continued to finger me, I spotted a figure by the edge of the lake.

"Draco," I breathed.

"Shh, love," he mumbled, kissing my neck gently.

"Draco there's someone watching us," I whispered, his head slowly turning to study the shadow that stood by the water.

The being stiffened when they realized they had been spotted, immediately turning back up the hill, scurrying back towards the castle.

They had a book in hand, circular glasses sitting on their face.

"Can we go back to the dungeons? I'm- I'm a little bit uncomfortable," I said with a small voice.

"Of course," he replied dryly.

I knew he was thinking about every possible way to murder Potter and get away with it. I wasn't really in the mood anymore. Not after that. Neither was he.

We dried ourselves with a quick spell, then I climbed into his arms.

"Why would he do that?"

"Do what?" Draco mumbled, kissing the crown of my head.

"Watch us, that's just- that's crossing a line," I said in disgust.

"Trust me, I'd gladly fuck you senseless in front of Potter if it meant he knows you're mine," he chuckled, "it'd piss him off to hear you moaning my name instead of his."

"If anything he'd get off to it, sick fuck," I gagged, placing my small hand in his large one. "I can't even walk past him anymore."

"I'll be there to protect you, I promise," he kissed the tip of my nose before we both dozed off to sleep.

𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒅𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒊𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒚 <3

~ 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝, 𝚒𝚕𝚢