!!Christmas Special!!

Welcome, welcome, readers! I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas! Comment what you guys got for christmas, I'd love to hear what y'all are interested in! (Don't think that's creepy, I just want to engage more with my readers cuz I feel like I'm just writing this to myself, ya know?)

Also, a little warning bout this chappie. It doesn't follow any events in the story at all, so think of it more as a one-shot than an actual chapter.  

Enjoy!!

Akiara's POV

It was a beautiful winter day, the sun reflecting off the snow making it sparkle like crystals. The christmas lights were lighting up the street, even though it was day time. Large evergreen trees in the park were ignited with white light bulbs, adding even more Christmas spirit to the snow-dusted neighborhood.

I couldn't have been more excited.

Tonight was Christmas Eve, and tomorrow, you guessed it; was Christmas.

Haruka and I had mustered up enough money to buy us a small christmas tree, which we set up in the corner next to the couch, placing our old family ornaments on the branches. Haruka's class had a gift exchange, and she had gotten some All Might fairy lights, which I thought were quite amusing, and we had strung them above our bedroom door. I had set a small snowglobe and a bowl filled with oranges on our wood coffee table, and spread a christmas quilt made by Chizu along the back of the couch. There were only a few presents under the tree, three from 'Santa,' and one from Haruka to me, and vice versa. It was going to be a great holiday.

I was standing in the kitchen area of our house at the moment, still in my pajamas from this morning, with an apron tied around me. My hair was done up in a messy bun, and I had bunny slippers on my feet, because I'm totally not two years old at heart. I had been making our Christmas breakfast for the next morning, egg casserole, and I had just put it in the oven.

Haruka was laying down on the couch, playing a game on my cell phone while giggling to herself every now and then.

I gave her a lopsided smile. "Haru, you want some hot chocolate? It's getting kind of cold." The little girl nodded enthusiastically and I chuckled. "Alrighty, peppermint or milk chocolate?" I asked, opening the cupboard.

"Milk chocolate please!" Haruka replied earnestly, not taking her eyes off the screen.

I shot her a thumbs up, still well aware she didn't see it. "Coming right up!" I pulled out one packet of milk chocolate, and one of peppermint.

Chocolate wasn't my favorite thing in the world, let's be honest. It was so rich and sometimes it could make me sick, so I never ate it often. But, if it had anything like caramel or peanut butter with it, it could be so delicious, and my favorite pairing with chocolate was peppermint. The icy, cool taste of the peppermint with the sweet yet bitter chocolate is the greatest thing that has ever graced my tastebuds.

I heated up two mugs of water in the microwave, and quickly poured Haruka's packet first, mixing it with ease. "Okay, chica. Here's your cocoa." Haruka bounced to a sitting position on the couch, and took the warm mug in her hands, breathing in the scent of the chocolate.

"Thanks, sissy!" She cheered, taking a sip of the hot liquid.

I smiled at her, and was just about to mix my own cocoa when there was a knock at the door. I sighed, placing the spoon I had been using down on the counter, and stode to the door. I unlocked it with a click, and swung the door open.

And not to my surprise, it was Chizu.

"Miss Chizu!" I grinned. "Why don't you come in out of the cold?"