Chapter One ~ The Entrance Exam

Akiara's POV

I stared wistfully up at the big building in surprise and wonder. Today was the day. The day of the entrance exam, the only thing standing between me and becoming a Pro Hero.

"Wow..." I whispered, admiring all of the students who passed me.

Someone came to stand next to me, and I jumped as they said, "Hi there!"

I turned to see a girl around my height smiling at me. She had short brown hair and big brown eyes. She looked very cheerful, and almost as excited as me to be here. I smiled and waved at her, my pearly white teeth glimmering in the sunlight. "Hello!"

The girl held out her hand. "I'm Ochaco Uraraka!"

I grinned and shook her hand gladly. "Nice to meet you, Uraraka! I'm Akiara Saki."

"It's nice to meet you too, Saki!" Uraraka said enthusiastically. She then noticed my pearl white angel wings on my back, and the golden halo hovering above my head. "Wow! Your quirk makes you really pretty!"

My face flushed. "Oh, don't flatter me. I'm not that interesting."

Uraraka raised an eyebrow. "What's your quirk anyways?"

"Angel." I answered, and the expression on her face made me explain more. "Well, obviously I have the angel wings and halo. I can take other people's injuries and transfer them to myself. And that's basically it." I shrugged.

"Wow! That's cool!" Uraraka exclaimed. Then she put a finger on her chin. "Though, that doesn't seem to be a useful quirk in battle..." She trailed off.

I nodded. "Yeah... it's not the best battle quirk. I often prefer talking things out instead of fighting, it just never seems to be the correct solution to any problem." Uraraka nodded.

"So, wanna sit next to each other before the exam begins, Saki?" Uraraka asked.

I smiled. "Sure! And you can just call me Akiara."

She smiled back. "Alrighty! And Ochaco will do just fine."

"Very well, Ochaco." I said and we both giggled.

We began our walk to the building, when we saw a short green-haired kid almost trip. Ochaco and I hurried over, and Ochaco put her hand on his backpack, and he froze in midair.

"Huh?!" He said, turning his head to look at her.

I hurried up behind him and Ochaco and I asked at the same time, "Are you okay?"

Ochaco pulled him upright and set him down on his feet. "It's my quirk. Sorry for using it on you without your permission. But, I figured you wouldn't mind me catching you."

He didn't answer. Just stared at her. I smirked and decided to contribute to the conversation. "Isn't this all just nerve racking?" I asked the both of them.

"Eh--I--uh--"

Ochaco didn't let him answer, she tugged at my arm and said to him, "Well I guess we'll see you inside!" And with that we walked into the building and into the auditorium, where we found out seats.

I nudged her shoulder. "That kid was kinda cute, don't you think?"

She blushed and her eyes widened. "What are you talking about, Akiara!"

I giggled and turned my attention back to Present Mic who was now talking on the stage.

"What's up UA candidates!" Present Mic shouted, gathering the attention of the kids. "Thanks for tuning in to me, your school DJ! Come on and let me hear ya!" He cupped his ear and turned it to the audience. And no one said anything.