Chapter Thirty ~ We Shouldn't Be On The Same Team

YALL! WE'RE FINALLY AT CHAPTER THIRTY, AND AT PART FORTY OF THIS BOOK! That's actually a little crazy, just like the fact his has 1.3k reads????!!!! LIKE WHAT

I just wanna say, to all of those who have stuck to this book and actually enjoy reading this, I appreciate you guys SO MUCH!!!!

I'm sad to say this is a short chapter, but don't worry the next one will be the entire calvary battle, so fairly long. 

Love y'all~

Akiara's POV

"Those at the top will suffer the most!" Midnight exclaimed as I exhaled deeply. I was SO not ready for this. "Of course that's something you'll hear over and over again at UA. Show us what Plus Ultra means!" She swung her whip at the group of students. "Izuku Midoriya placed first in the qualifier! He'll be worth ten million!" Everyone turned to look at him, some with glances of pity and some with glares of determination.

I felt extremely bad for him.

No one was going to be on his team. Absolutely no one, except for maybe Ochaco.

"First years!" Midnight interrupted everyone's stares. "Here are the rules that you'll abide by; the game itself will last 15 minutes. Individual point values will be added together to reach your total. Everyone will know how much you're worth thanks to your headbands. Swipe as many headbands as you can to raise your team's score. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them. And another thing. Even if your headband gets stolen and your team falls down, you can keep playing until time's up!"

"It's anyone's game then." Momo commented from a few feet away, and I listened into her conversation with Sato.

"Yeah and there are forty-two contestants so there will be ten or twelve teams fighting on the field the entire time." He analyzed.

Aoyama popped up in front of them. "Sounds hard."

"So if you lose your headband at the beginning," Mina interrupted, "You'll have more time to make up a plan."

Tsu put her finger on her chin. "I don't know Mina, maybe we should wait and see how the teams end up before we start strategizing."

Conversation ended as Midnight spoke up again, "This is going to be rough, you can use your quirks as much as you'd like! But, there are still rules! Make a team fall on purpose, and I'll slap you with a red card. You'll be disqualified!"

I bit my lip. "This is so much information to contemplate only five minutes before the actual thing."

Todoroki's hand fell from my shoulder back to his side. "You'll do fine. I promise." I smiled up at him with wide eyes as we listened back to what Midnight was saying.

"Now, you've got 15 minutes to build your teams! I recommend you get started!"

Students began rallying together with their friends and classmates, and I turned to Todorki again. "Maybe--"

"I was thinking the same thing." He interrupted, and after raising an eyebrow at him he answered my mental question. "We shouldn't be on the same team."

I exhaled. "Yeah, I agree. I mean, as much as I'd love to be your teammate, I wanted to be on Midoriya's team, since obviously no one is really going to join him."

Todoroki gave me the soft smile I knew he only used with me. "You only think about others, don't you?"

I grinned sheepishly. "Anything wrong with that?"

"Not at all."

After waving to each other, I made my way over to the greenette who was having a mental breakdown. He was staring around at the other groups of people, who were all distancing themselves from him.