Chapter Thirty-Seven ~ The "Stomach Bug"

Omg guys. Yes. I'm posting the final chapter that I had written-- it's only the rough draft, but I just looked back on chapter 36 and noticed I left y'all on a horrible cliffhanger, so here you go. Don't expect anything else-- I've discontinued this book FOR GOOD. XD

Um enjoy ig

Toodles 

Akiara's POV

Why was this happening to me?

In the past twenty-four hours, I had gone through the most excruciating pain I'd ever thought possible. Multiple wounds all over my body, each at different levels of intensity, but this was worse than all of them.

Imagine getting stabbed straight through the torso, but then add something that coursed into your veins and made your entire body like burning jello.

Wait... could that be poison?

"R-Recovery Girl, please, tell me what's happening!" I cried out, alarmed when she kissed my arm, but nothing happened. "Why isn't your quirk working?!"

Recovery Girl grit her teeth. "This isn't good. Not good at all." She rushed over to one of the side tables in the small infirmary, stumbling around and fishing through beakers and boxes.

All Might, who was in the corner, sucked in a sharp breath. "What's happening to her?"

"It's definitely the effect of a quirk." Recovery Girl answered in a panic, shuffling through bottles. "If my own quirk doesn't work on the injuries... then this is seriously a problem." She turned to me, and I squinted at her through squinted eyes. "Tell me what you're feeling right this second."

I bit my bottom lip. "It feels like I got stabbed through my entire torso a million times, and my entire body is burning from the inside. I've got a massive headache and I can't see straight."

All Might whipped out a phone from his back pocket. "I'm calling an ambulance."

Recovery Girl held up a finger. "No, wait. I need to do an X-Ray on her body, real quick. First..." She snatched a small vial of blue liquid off a little stand, a hopeful look in her eyes. "Okay. This should stop that burning from the inside. If it doesn't wear off in the next ten minutes, tell me right away." I nodded after she helped me gulp down the liquid, and she wheeled over a small cart, which held something like an X-Ray machine.

She pressed a few buttons, and a few moments later, and there was a picture of the inside of my body.

Her brow furrowed. "That's not good."

"What's not good?" I panicked, struggling on the hospital bed.

All Might clenched his jaw. "Is that..."

"There's a piece of infected metal in her torso... it's pierced her heart." Recovery Girl exhaled. "How did it get there?"

I started bawling my eyes out, both of the heroes reining worried expressions. "Get it out! Please! Give me surgery or something! It hurts! I don't have any healing energy to even stay awake, so just put me under anyways and get it out!"

Recovery sucked in a sharp breath, and nodded briskly. "Very well. All Might, I need you to leave so I can conduct a proper operation. Do not mention this to any of the students, unless it gets more severe than it already is." All Might nodded, and left the room quickly.

"Saki, dear." Recovery Girl hovered above my face. "I don't know how this happened, but we'll figure it out. You're going to be okay." She held up a needle.

I nodded, and then it all went black.

When I awoke, the fluorescent lights up above shone brightly into my eyes, making me wince. I lifted my head up to examine my surroundings, noticing the hospital bed I inhabited was blockaded by curtains, concealing any glimpse of the rest of the room.