Chapter Twelve ~ Midoriya's Secret

If you guys don't remember what I said in the description, I just want to make it clear. The chapter's titles are things that Todoroki says sometime during the chapter, unless he's not in the chapter, and it's just something to do with what happens. If that makes sense. 

Todays Song:

Title: I forgot lol
Artist: Meghan Trainor

Akiara's POV

The sky was orange and pink when I stepped outside the school. When I walked through the doorway, Todoroki was no longer by my side. I hopped down the steps to the school, to see Midoriya and Bakugou talking.

"Midoriya! How are your injuries!" I called, hurring my pace, but he didn't hear me.

That's when I realized he was deep in thought, before he said something to Bakugou.

"I have to tell you something." He mumbled.

I slowed down, and stopped only a meter behind him. He still hadn't noticed me, and I know Bakugou had because he shot me a glare before turning his attention back to the bushy haired kid in front of him as he continued.

"Maybe then..." Midoriya said. "You'd understand what's been going on." He paused again. "I wasn't hiding my quirk from you. It was given to me by someone else. Recently."

My eyes widened in shock. Quirks? Given away? Isn't that... impossible or something?

Bakugou seemed taken about by this, too. He grunted and stood up a little more straight. When he did so, Midoriya slapped his not-broken hand at his side and bravely added, "But I can't tell you who gave it to me so don't ask! Sounds crazy, I know. It's like something out of a comic book, only it's real." Bakugou's eyes widened as Midoriya kept explaining. "The thing is, I don't have much control over this power yet. I haven't figured out how to make it my own, but I'm trying." Bakugou seemed to be getting more and more angry every second. "That's why... I didn't want to use it against you during the exercise. But in the end, it was the only way that I had a chance of winning. I've still got a lot to learn, I know that! That's why I'm here. You'll see. I'll work until I have full control over this borrowed quirk." He finally looked up from the ground and into Bakugou's seething red eyes. "And I'll finally beat you with my own power!"

Bakugou looked surprised at that comment, but still made nonetheless. "How dumb do you think I am?!" He questioned, and Midoriya looked taken aback. "Borrowed power? Don't talk to me like I'm an idiot." His voice was screaming with rage, even if he was trying to speak calmly. "You already made a fool out of me in that stupid training exercise. So?!" His head snapped up and he glared at the both of us. "SO?! DID YOU COME HERE TO RUB IT IN?"

I got the feeling that he was somewhat talking to both of us when he said that. We both beat him in an exercise, and he probably thought we were here to do just that, rub it in.

"I lost." Bakugou told himself. "And to make matters worse, it was to you! I came in first in the exam. BUT THAT'S NOT ENOUGH!" He was shaking with anger, his jaw clenched and his sharper teeth showing. "When I was watching that ice guy," I knew he was talking about Todoroki the minute I heard it. "I realized I couldn't beat him in a head to head fight!" He brought a hand up to his hair and covered his eyes. "CRAP! I EVEN AGREED WITH WHAT THAT GIRL SAID! MY ATTACK WAS SO STUPID!" His hands collapsed at his sides and were twitching with rage. "DANG IT! DANG IT, DANG IT, DANGIT!" His hand clenched into a fist as me and Midoriya watched with wide eyes and out mouths agape. "Enjoy your wins, Deku and Idiot." I raised an eyebrow at my nickname, and Midoriya whipped around to look at me. "Because you won't get another! I'M JUST GETTING STARTED!" Tears were in Bakugou's eyes now. "GOT THAT YOU STUPID NERDS? I'm gonna end up the number one hero NO MATTER WHAT!"