Chapter Eight ~ Candycane?

Hey y'all! Short little author's note before this chapter begins, I've decided to put music at the top for y'all to listen to while you read. I don't know if it's just me, but I NEED music to focus on ANYTHING. My mom finds it really annoying, me walking around the house with my Raycons (pretty much airpods) in my ears all day, blasting music. I guess you can say music is a needed aspect in my life. Anyways

Today's Song:

~Diamonds~
Sam Smith

Akiara's POV

 I woke up the next day to Haruka poking my cheek repeatedly. "Akiara? Akiara? Hellooooooo? Are you alive? Are you dreaming about Todoroki?"

That woke me up.

"W-what?!" I shouted, popping up from the old mattress.

Haruka smirked. "I'm off to school. I'll see you afterwards, sissy." She kissed my forehead and walked out of the house, closing the door behind her.

I chuckled to myself. My six year old sister, taking care of me who was nine years older than her. How ironic.

I groaned and rubbed the sleep out of my airforce blue eyes. I had another nightmare that night, of the vision Haruka had put in my mind the day before. It was frightening, I had to say that.

I noticed something small and white on the dresser beside the mattress. I picked it up to examine it further. It was a note.

Good morning, Akiara. I hope you slept well after your training, you took it pretty harshly. You have a lovely home, even if there is nothing much. You're doing a great job taking care of Haruka, and please let me know if you need any help. Whether it's financially, emotionally, physically, or if it has anything to do with that wild child you're trying to raise, contact me. I'd be more than happy to give any assistance I can. My number is written at the bottom of the page, so you can text me. If you have a phone, that is. Not to sound rude-- okay, that sounded rude, I apologize.

Haruka showed me what you had seen before your panic attack, and I had to admit, it was scary. I'll see you at school today.

~Shoto Todoroki

My face reddened. How did he even get me to the house? Did he... carry me? A flashback came to mind, of me burying my face in his chest. My blush became more visible. "Oh you've gotta be kidding me! That's so embarrassing!" I said aloud, knowing no one was home to hear me.

I sighed and got up out of bed. I had fallen asleep in my UA uniform, because I hadn't changed out of it before I went to the park with Haruka, and wasn't able to change before I went to bed, because of obvious reasons.

I walked into our rusty bathroom, and stared into the cracked mirror. I crossed my eyes at my reflection, and laughed to myself. With a chuckle, I picked up my hairbrush and began brushing through my tangled locks. Quickly, I wound my hair up into one dutch braid, which reached down to the small of my back.

I slipped on my shoes and hurried out of the house, locking the door behind me.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket. I did have a phone, but it was really old. It was my mom's, and had her old number on it.

I pulled out the note and quickly typed in Todoroki's number, and sent a text.

Me:

Good morning, Todoroki! This is Akiara.

Todoroki:

Oh, hello Akiara. Good morning to you as well.

Me: