Chapter Twenty ~ Because I Was Looking

Hey y'all. Just some BNHA lofi-hip-hop today, because that's what I've been listening to for the past four hours. This video is only 19 minutes, but ya. lol.

Also, a chapter from Todoroki's point of view might not be for a while... it's just a little easier to write from Akiara's perspective. 

This chapter is a little short in my opinion.

Akiara's POV

When I came back into consciousness, the first thing I saw was the room of the UA Nurse's Office. The fluorescent lights from the ceiling flooded my vision and I blinked a few times until I was accustomed to them.

I clenched my fist repeatedly a few times, but it didn't hurt at all. The burns on my hands didn't sting with pain, which came as a surprise to me.

"Ah, Saki. You're awake." An elderly woman said, and I turned my resting head to look in the direction of the voice. Recovery Girl sat at her desk, her warm and grandmotherly smile instantly making me grin right back at her. "Why don't you talk with him for a moment, I need to speak with a staff member real quick." She pointed behind me, where another bed was.

And sitting on the bed to my right, just happened to be Midoriya.

"Midoriya! You're alright!" I cheered, propping myself up on an elbow to face him.

HIs eyes widened. "Woah, woah! Take it easy, Saki." He said, holding his hands out in front of him, indicating for me to calm down.

I nodded absentmindedly. "Yeah, okay." I pushed myself up so I was sitting criss-cross under the white sheet that covered the bed, and my body. I slumped my shoulders and brought a hand up to my forehead. "What happened?" I asked him with tired eyes.

Midoriya frowned. "Well, All Might and the other pro heroes managed to stop the villains--"

I smiled and lifted my head up towards him. "The other pros got there?"
He nodded and continued. "Yes, they did." He looked down at his right hand wistfully, as if remembering something, before he went on with his explanation. "When they stopped the villains, they came down to make sure all of the students were okay. They thought I was the only major injury, until they saw you." He looked up at me. "Actually, they weren't the ones who saw you. Todoroki was."

My expression lit up just at the mention of his name. "He's alright, right? He's okay?"

"Yes, he's fine." Midoriya lightly chuckled at me. "Anyways, he was walking towards the stairs with Kaachan and Kirishima, and that's when he saw you. He ran to your side and picked you up once he realized you were unconscious." Midoriya laughed more heartily this time. "You should have seen how angry he got when the pros tried to take you from him to get you here." I ignored the blush rushing to my face when I heard that.

I smiled down at my lap, and in my peripheral vision I finally noticed it.

The scars on my hands and arms.

"Oh my goodness!" I exclaimed, causing Midoriya to jump. I ran a gentle finger across the curling and swirling pink marks on my skin. Just in time, Recovery Girl walked into the room. "Recovery Girl!" I exclaimed, and she calmly stode over beside my bed.

"Yes, dear?"

I bit my lip. "Are these burns going to scar?"

Recovery Girl frowned. "I'm afraid so. I'm sorry sweetie, but you really took a beating in that battle. Could you tell me what exactly happened to you?" I wasn't able to answer, I just kept staring at the scars with a scared look in my eyes.

I didn't realize who had walked into the room behind Recovery Girl, until they spoke, "She was warped right into fire."

I recognize that voice! It's Kirishima!