Chapter Fourteen ~ Not Anymore

Heyo! Today's song is:

Song: Good To Be Alive
Artist: Meghan Trainor

I really think this song totally describes Akiara, no? Just me? Okay.

Also, quick little disclaimer, the currency used in this is US dollars, because that's what I use and I'm too lazy to convert it to whatever Japan's currency is. Lol.

Akiara's POV

"Took you long enough."

I groaned when I saw my unnecessarily smart little sister sitting on the porch, her arms crossed and a smirk on her face. "What do you want, Haruka?" I asked, and Todoroki and I took a step away from each other.

Haruka popped back up onto her feet. "I turned the corner to come and find you. I had a guess you might be at the park, and what do I see?" Her eyes sparkled at Todoroki. "You two hugging as Akiara cried."

"S-So what?!" I stammered, flicking her forehead. "I was sad, he was helping me! Nothing more to it."

"Mhm." Haruka mused. "Anyways, I'm hungry. Can you make dinner now?"

My face fell. "Yes, but I need to take a trip to the grocery store. We don't have enough ingredients for anything."

Haruka jumped for joy. "Yay! I love going to the store!"

"I can accompany you two, if you'd like." Todoroki offered politely.

"Are you sure?" I asked him. Deep down, I didn't really want him to come. I know he's already seen inside our house, and seen how little we have, but how will he react when he finds out the only money we have is the few fifties and twenties in my wallet?

"Of course I'm sure." He answered.

I smiled warmly at him. "Thanks."

"OKAY!" Haruka interrupted us. "Stop making googly eyes at each other and let's bounce." She walked past us and turned the corner, leaving Todoroki and I by ourselves.

My face turned red as I hurried after her, Todoroki right behind me. "Haruka! Don't run off without me, you doofus!" When we caught up with her, she was already standing in front of the general store. "Don't do that you idiot." I lightly punched her shoulder.

Haruka stuck her tongue out at me and Todoroki. "What? I thought you guys wanted to be alone."

Now both of our faces were bright red as we blushed.

I grabbed Haruka's wrist and we stepped through the automatic doors of the store. "I swear, I'm going to get a leash for you someday." That comment caused Todoroki to chuckle. I turned towards him when Haruka ripped herself out of my grasp and headed for the candy aisle. "Do you have any little siblings?"

He shook his head. "No. I'm the youngest."

I let my arms droop at my sides as I dragged myself to where the baskets were, picking one up and slipping it over my forearm. "Lucky duck."

Todoroki chuckled. "I don't know, I think having a younger sibling sounds fun."

"Ha!" I barked a laugh as we walked down the frozen goods aisle. "Try raising a six year old girl all on your own, with no parents around to help." Despite the smile on my face, he frowned when I mentioned my parents. "Hey, no frowns." I poked his chest before opening one of the glass doors and pulling out three frozen pizzas, which were each pretty cheap, pleasing them into the plastic basket.

"I can help you with Haruka, you know." Todoroki offered. "I could babysit her or something."

I smiled at him. "You know, that's really kind of you, but I don't want to bug you with her."